• I just wanted to say a big thanks to Larry Harris, WotC, IL, Krieghund, Dave Jensen and all the other people that regularly contribute to these forums with positive, negative but overall constructive things to say about this great game and how it can be made better.

When I got my set of AAE40 home yesterday I was really impressed with what I saw.  The over all quality of the cardboard pieces was much better that in AAP40 and as I read the rule book I could see that alot of consideration was taken to make the rules easier to read and understand.  I felt that the people who designed, tested and produced this game had really listened to the gaming community and that is no small thing these days so I give credit where credit is due.  THANKS!!!

• How is the cardboard better? Are the facilities and AA guns double sided?

• yes.  There is a really nice black finish on the back sides of the card board pieces.

• @Bruda_Iz:

yes.  There is a really nice black finish on the back sides of the card board pieces.

So they’re different from the P40 ones. Any changes to the roundels?

Can you set it up without using chips?

• The card board pieces are only one sided, but it is thicker. The black on the back side does look better. Plus if you mix them w/Pac you can still separate them easily.

• oh yeah thanks for the clarification Wild Bill I wasn’t sure what double sided meant.  CHL I still haven’t set the game up.  I only had time to look through the set and read the rules last night.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m