• :-D

I was gonna bring one of IL’s maps to staples or the like for printing. but then it occurred to me that i use vistaprint for a lot of things. They always send me codes and coupons……

I have had banners done from them before. the map might be nice on a vinyl banner. So I had them print one.

48"x30" came rolled up - not half bad. The material is very strong and should last a while. I can roll it up to store. I might have to either put something on the corners to make sure it lays flat or possibly something underneath the map - like velcro stuck on to a weight or even the table (I will be using a fold up 6 foot plastic table to be playing on.

Anyway one from a printer like staples might be a bit better - but not for the price. I got this one printed and to my door for $17 !!!  So that price takes away any negatives there might be and i get to use a bigger map then the one that came with my 1942 game - win win!

Picture from my cell phone - will take another one when its set up on a table down the road. I just finished unrolling it right here so you can see the edges not flat yet…

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=scaurl8h4dat9ad&thumb=4

• Wow, can’t argue with $17, even if it does fall apart you didn’t lose much.

• A piece of plexiglass or 2 would be good too. It would hold down the corners and protect the map as well. I used plexiglass on my AA50 game when I had one because the boards warped a little and the piece of plexiglass that i had covered the map perfectly with a little hang over on the sides. It all fit on a 6’ folding table nicely.

• The map should in now way fall apart. Its printed on a heavy vinyl……  unless the printing comes off of course. But worth a try.

I will see if lowes or home depot can cut a piece of thin plexiglass. That might work. Only thing is storing a big piece like that… Maybe 2 pieces put together would work…

• Looks great  :-o

I think I have to check my Mailbox for these Vistaprint coupons (which are usually marked as spam) and give it a try.

Please keep us informed about your experience with the vinyl used by vistaprint.

• Dang I’ll order one right now for 17 bucks. How did you do that?

• I have two banners in my garage printed by them long ago. They are holding up very well, but of course I am not playing on top of them……

Vistaprint has all kinds of coupons they send ya once ya buy from them. Get the picture uploaded (full bleed) on to a medium banner. Put it in your cart. Then keep trying the different coupons until ya get the half price one. Brings it down to $17

With the banner in your cart click on the vistaprint link from your email. Go check your cart and see the price of the banner. If its not good - try another email and check again. I do this a lot with vistaprint. I can get lots of free postcards and other stuff from them. The trick is you have to watch the shipping. While they may give you 10 things for free and 3 for half price - the shipping goes up for each item (i guess to make up for the freebies). But some coupons give free priority shipping. So that takes care of that.

• Did you have any problem uploading your image? The uploader says there is a 12mb limit and IL’s AA42 supreme map is something like 167mb. I’ll try to upload it any and see what happens.

• get a free account with them and it removes that restriction and also gets rid of the advertisement.

• I just located a place that can print my maps on mouse pad material!!  from 4 to 10 feet long.

This is something that i have been looking for and the resolution is fantastic.

I got two new maps in production to finalize the quality.

This by far is the best method. It will never bend and will stay flat and make it easier to moves pieces. This is because the pliable nature of the material gives a bit. This makes picking up tokens easier.

I will post the results ASAP.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m