• So given the fact that America is going to be sitting out of this war for a couple of turns doesn’t it seem logical to go for a casual South American campaign while you’re waiting to kick off your entry into the world war? With your transport off the Atlantic coast you could drop off a tank and an infantry onto Brazil as well as your fighter and strat bomber starting in the Eastern and Central United States.  Once you activate Brazil that will leave you with 4 inf, 1 arm, 1 fig, and 1 bomb.  You could easily take out Venezuela or, if you’re feeling a little adventurous, even have good odds at knocking out Argentina and Chile.  Hell, just go after Argentina and Chile and send a second transport the turn after to take Venezuela.  This is practically a guaranteed extra 8 income a turn for America since Axis attempts on the continent are unlikely.  I would think America would want to go for this every game.  Thoughts?

• someone hasn’t read the strict neutral rules  :lol:.

• @The:

someone hasn’t read the strict neutral rules  :lol:.

Damn it you beat me!

Well to tell you that would make all other strict’s pro-axis.

• The US can’t enter any neutral countries until it’s at war with an Axis power; it can’t pick up pro-Allied neutrals until it’s part of the Allies.

• Haha woops!  I forgot that part of the strict neutrals rules.  I guess you’ll just have to decide at some point in the game if it is worth it to piss off all the neutrals and have them join the other side.

• I guess that also means that if the axis decide to attack a strict neutral then you have basically just handed the Americans 6 extra income in South America and 2 more income to the UK in Africa too.  It looks like the same goes for the Allies.  If they piss off the neutrals then they hand over 6 income to Germany through Spain, Portugal, and Sweden and 4 income to Italy through Turkey and Saudi Arabia.  Not to mention the oodles of infantry the other side would be picking up too.

• @plumsmugler:

I guess that also means that if the axis decide to attack a strict neutral then you have basically just handed the Americans 6 extra income in South America and 2 more income to the UK in Africa too.  It looks like the same goes for the Allies.  If they piss off the neutrals then they hand over 6 income to Germany through Spain, Portugal, and Sweden and 4 income to Italy through Turkey and Saudi Arabia.  Not to mention the oodles of infantry the other side would be picking up too.

ANYONE attacking a strict neutral is just asking for trouble.  Just think of it as 6 infantry in Spain, 6 in Sweden, and 8 in Turkey that it’ll cost ya.

The Allies doing it is suicidal for Russia and the Axis doing it slows them down so much it’s not worth it.

• Attacking strict neutrals would be very risky for either side. I could see the axis doing it, before the allies. The axis would have to coordinate their efforts to take out all the big boys before the allies could swoop in to gain the free units. I think you would have to start w/Italy invading Turkey, plus what else it could reach in Mid east or South Africa. Then Germany could invade Spain and Sweden before the allies could get there (US would have to be out of position, or not yet at war). If you started the invasions w/Germany, Russia & UK would swoop in before Italy to claim their free inf. Of course I think Germany could attack all 3 major strict neutrals in the same turn as well, because I think Germany can invade Turkey from Greece (land/bridge). Your still giving the allies the Mongolian and Afghan forces, unless Jap has them beat back at the time, plus the S Americans.

In any event, say the axis are successful in their attacks killing the inf, and gaining most of the tt. Say there wasn’t much left for the allies to claim. I would still think in the long run it might come back to bite them in the A$$. They will have lost some units in the battles, and will be spread pretty thin. They now have more tt to def from counter attack, or major allied invasion. Spain would give the allies another shore to perform a major amphib, and Turkey would allow Russia/UK to tag team Germany through that same land/bridge w/o messing with Russia’s NO. I can see some short term advantages though, like Italian amphib into the Black Sea, or extra $ for a round or two, but would the advantages out way the risk?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m