• what do i buy for anzac? suggestions wanted

• '22 '19 '18

The first thing I buy are some land units to secure the homeland, usually 2 inf 1 art.  After A1 I focus on naval buys, unless Japan is threatening a KAF (Kill ANZAC First) type strat.  I like to buy subs.  My reason for this is that I spread my subs out over the pacific  and try to pick of straglers in the Jap navy and they can also be used to convoy raid Japan.  The best is a 1,2 punch on Japan navy with the US.  US attacks jap navy group and weakens it, then ANZAC comes in with subs and airforce to finish it off.  Just make sure not to group subs together because then Japan can come in with a destroyer and sink the whole lot of them.

• In most games where I’ve played as the allies, Japan focuses on China and the UK first. If this is the case, I use ANZAC as a fighter factory. Their income (usually 10, 15, or 20) lends itself to 10 IPC purchases, and the fighters are able to get to the front much faster than ships. Also, because they go last, you can have the US attack an island (Carolinas, Philippines, etc), and ANZAC can land fighters there on their turn for defence.

• he invaded sydney and he’s doing KAF

• Buy nothing
    Battleship AZ2

• Build a back up navy for the US. Until the Japs start campaigning more south defend the island. Save some turns to buy better ships. Once you think it’s big enough keep it near the US navy then if theres an attack Japan most likely loss some so then try to get rid of the remainders.

• @nutbar:

what do i buy for anzac? suggestions wanted

@nutbar:

he invaded sydney and he’s doing KAF

I don’t under stand, did he attacked Sidney (NSW), and not get it. If he has already taken Sidney (NSW), then your not building anything (IC/capital). What point of the game are you. If its J1, and Jap took NSW, you can take it back rather easily. Sounds like Jap waited a turn or so to round up a real invasion fleet, then hit you?

• IF japan does not hone in on anzac on round 1 or 2, buy bombers for range maximization. If they are using Kill Aussie First……inf inf inf…because you’ll have 28 air units and at least 6 inf plus bombardment to deal with.  :|

• he took all of ANZAC eventually

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m