• Hey guys, a buddy of mine just bought this game and we played our first match last night.  I’m trying to introduce another friend of mine to it today but alas the guy who bought the game took the rulebook home to study while leaving the board and pieces here.  I’ve got a good command of most of the rules either by virtue of last night’s play-through or reading FAQ’s on this and other sites.  The one area I’m sketchy on is how convoy attacks work.  Could someone break it down for me?  Thanks in advance!  :-)

• hi,

you can attack a convoy simply declaring a convoy attack with a ship that can reach an enemy convoy zone (symbol indicate a convoy zone).

The normal surface ships cause a loss of 1 to your enemy

Submarine causes a loss of 2 to your enemy

Remember each convoy can’t lose more IPC than the total IPC of the territory.

Example:

if you attack the english borneo convoy with japanese  with 2 sub and a surface warship your attack is worth 5 (2 for each sub and 1 for the ship) but borneo is worth 4 and can lose a maximum of 4 are enough 2 subs  :lol: .
    that is  8-)
    enjoy
    if i forget something someone will add
    bye

• '12

@Panz3r:

hi,

you can attack a convoy simply declaring a convoy attack with a ship that can reach an enemy convoy zone (symbol indicate a convoy zone).

Example:

if you attack the english borneo convoy with japanese  with 2 sub and a surface warship your attack is worth 5 (2 for each sub and 1 for the ship) but borneo is worth 4 and can lose a maximum of 4 are enough 2 subs  :lol: .
    that is  8-)
    enjoy
    bye

It is also possible to double ding a territory.  If you attack convoys off 2 different coasts of the same 1 IPC territory, for example, than each attack may take 1 ipc even though this actually double the value of the territory.  Simply put, each convoy attck is calculated on its own and the results of another attack do not affect it.

To clarify panzer leader’s first sentence, there is no movement in the convoy attack phase, your ships must already be in position at the start of the phase.

Lastly, make sure you get the errata for the game as the rules have been tweaked (and the political rules replaced) since the game came out.

AH/WotC is also providing 6 more Japenese tactical bombers to those who request it (the game was accidently shorted) along with a corrected battleboard (the one in the game was copied from AA1942, hence the german roundel, and lacks mech inf and tac bombers), so be sure to drop them a line.  They may ask for your old battle board as proof of purchase.

• @moralecheck:

@Panz3r:

hi,

Example:

that is  8-)
    enjoy
    bye

It is also possible to double ding a territory.  If you attack convoys off 2 different coasts of the same 1 IPC territory, for example, than each attack may take 1 ipc even though this actually double the value of the territory.  Simply put, each convoy attck is calculated on its own and the results of another attack do not affect it.

To clarify panzer leader’s first sentence, there is no movement in the convoy attack phase, your ships must already be in position at the start of the phase.

Lastly, make sure you get the errata for the game as the rules have been tweaked (and the political rules replaced) since the game came out.

AH/WotC is also providing 6 more Japenese tactical bombers to those who request it (the game was accidently shorted) along with a corrected battleboard (the one in the game was copied from AA1942, hence the german roundel, and lacks mech inf and tac bombers), so be sure to drop them a line.  They may ask for your old battle board as proof of purchase.

Where did you get the rule about double hitting 2 coasts of the same tt?

Anyway, there is no territory that borders 2 convoy zones

• '12

@calvinhobbesliker:

@moralecheck:

@Panz3r:

hi,

Example:

that is  8-)
    enjoy
    bye

Where did you get the rule about double hitting 2 coasts of the same tt?

Anyway, there is no territory that borders 2 convoy zones

I asked Krieghund about it on BGG because it came up when fleets were sea zone 37 and 38, both coasts of Shan State. He said it was valid.  However I just now checked the map and you are right. 38 is not a convoy zone so I guess it’s a non-issue. My bad.

• '22 '19 '18

It is an issue on the Europe side, where one sub can affect the income of two separate powers boardering the same sea zone.

• @cond1024:

It is an issue on the Europe side, where one sub can affect the income of two separate powers boardering the same sea zone.

He wasn’t talking about that. He was talking about territories that border 2 sea zones, both of which have convoys.

• '10

@cond1024:

You can actually do that in Pac, I think.  Canadia is Brit money, no?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m