• It seems there has been much talk about launching a Sealion invasion with the Germans on G2 or G3. What I don’t understand is how this can possibly be a good idea for Germany considering the victory conditions. Even if the UK falls, Germany still needs to take several more victory cities since London is the only one on the island. Most of these will almost certainly have to come from the Soviet Union, who will have a several-turn jump on building land units on the Germans, who has been busy building ships the past several turns.

I think a better idea would be to prepare as early as possible for the inevitable Barbarossa rather than wasting time and effort on one victory city. By no means am I advocating Germany to completely ignore the Atlantic, but it should certainly not be their main focus. Victory cannot be attained in the Atlantic alone, but the game can be won by taking the Russian VC’s and an Italian takeover of Cairo.

• Most games among veteran players, at least online here, go until one side concedes defeat, which at least in the past has usually been when one power’s capital has been taken as the other side almost always gains enough of an advantage after that that the outcome is pretty much inevitable.  That’s why so many people are focusing on a Sea Lion attack on the UK because it would mean that a major Allied power would be knocked out of the game relatively early, thus (by the old logic at least) meaning an Axis victory is inevitable.

Now with this being a completely new game with a lot of changes the game might not be “over” (as in inevitable) if Germany takes London, what with the potential liberation of London by Canadian UK forces or the fact that Germany might have lost too much ground against the Soviets that the Red Army might be able to push through Europe or go straight for Berlin with a Baltic navy, but that’s the logic behind the Sea Lion strategy.  This is because the victory conditions for the Axis require that they take one of the major Allied powers’ capitals regardless, so the effect is the same as just playing to capitulation and a lot easier to keep track of.

• this is why I wish canada activates if london falls

• We’re currently playing a global game where sealion is being tested. Check it out.

• I remember reading somewhere that when a major IC is captured it becomes a minor IC.  That means Germany will have almost no chance of holding London.

• @Butcher:

I remember reading somewhere that when a major IC is captured it becomes a minor IC.  That means Germany will have almost no chance of holding London.

What if the Germans upgrade the minor IC to a major one on the turn after its conquest?

• @Hobbes:

@Butcher:

I remember reading somewhere that when a major IC is captured it becomes a minor IC.  That means Germany will have almost no chance of holding London.

What if the Germans upgrade the minor IC to a major one on the turn after its conquest?

Then that’s 3 transports, 3 tanks, or 7 inf they don’t buy

• '10

Can’t believe, that there is a way a _(Standart-Experienced-)_UK-Players looses his Capital-City.

Must be a blind one…

Sorry. :|

We never tried sea lion, cause if the german player fails, the whole game ist over. Russia first!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m