US starts at 52 IPCs, goes to war - 92 IPCs, chart goes to 72 ???

• I’m confused, if the US in a global game starts out at 52 IPCs and gets the 40 bonus when at war, that will make 92 IPCs already and the IPC chart only goes to 72.

Maybe this was brought out “globally” already and I didn’t see it.  I know the charts were to small in AAP40 and it was talked about then, however, now it’s seem a little worse, that you can’t even start out on the chart as soon as US goes to was.

• Are you sure its only a 40 IPC bonus for going to war?

• Yes, Western US goes from 10 to 50 IPCs when at war.

• Official Q&A

The income chart is meant only to track income from territories.  NO income should be added to the value indicated on the chart when income is collected.

• My understanding is that in the global game the US only gets a 30 ipc war time bonus. In the Euro game the US income starts pretty high (35 ipc), so I don’t know if they get a war time bonus in E40?

• That make sense Kriehund.  I was having a brain cramp.  While I playing AAP40 I was doing that; tracking the income only on the chart then adding the NO value, except for the US.  I was marking/adding it all on the chart.

• The rules preview we got of aae40 says thay “When the United States is at war, it collects an extra 30 IPCs per turn. This happens at the end of turn 3 or earlier if an Axis power declares war on it”. It might be that the US has a boost of 70 when it goes to war in Global.

• It has already been stated and confirmed that the US gets a bonus of 30 in global.

• kreig, can you tell us how this will play out. what is the post turn 3 income for the states in europe and global

• Krieg has mentioned before that he isn’t allowed to tell us anything new until the 24th, though he can comment on things we find out from other sources, so you’ll have to bug DJensen about the NOs preview, though I think he did say he would do that one next.

• @bugoo:

It has already been stated and confirmed that the US gets a bonus of 30 in global.

I think that in Global, the US should get the 40 IPC Pacific war NO AND the 30 IPC Atlantic war NO, giving them a 70 IPC boost up to ~120.  THAT will make Japan think twice about a J1 assault.  ;-)

• @bugoo:

It has already been stated and confirmed that the US gets a bonus of 30 in global.

That is to bad, makes J1 even better.

• How so?  The European allies have advantages compared to global, being the extra boats and units that can get to egypt, plus a higher income Russia, and the extra anzac dude (not that he will matter much but still).  In a global J1 war dec Japan will be facing an 80+ IPC US for the first 2-3 turns, not to mention on turn 1 he will face a 52 IPC purchase instead of the pacific only pathetic US1 buy, and an angry bear in the north with nothing better to do than to beat on him.  Add into that the fact that in global the India crush can be delayed to turn 4 thanks to the boats and sea zones, and that the US should have naval superiority by turn 3-4, and its not lookin good.

Around the time Japan manages to capture India, china should be ramping up to retake all its territories, and the US should have the home SZ blockaded.  Also while it is tempting to pump out 10 J tanks in India each turn, if UK holds and japan’s back is broken thats 10 UK tanks heading out of India each turn.  Well more like 10 UK mechs, but still.

• I’m not saying the Japanese is better off overall in global then in pacific. What im saying is that J1 is relatively better than J2 or J3 in Global than it is pacific. There might be rules when the Russian can attack the Japanese that changes that bur from what I have heard so far I think the Japanese will attack in turn one every game.

• @Dany:

I’m not saying the Japanese is better off overall in global then in pacific. What im saying is that J1 is relatively better than J2 or J3 in Global than it is pacific. There might be rules when the Russian can attack the Japanese that changes that bur from what I have heard so far I think the Japanese will attack in turn one every game.

that’s switching german chances of victory to japanese chances to victory ^^

• @GrayBlaZe:

I’m confused, if the US in a global game starts out at 52 IPCs and gets the 40 bonus when at war, that will make 92 IPCs already and the IPC chart only goes to 72.

Since the original A&A if a Country makes more money than is on the IPC chart you would just put down another token on the chart, so if America was making 92 you would have one US symbol on 72 and one on 20.

• @Krieghund:

The income chart is meant only to track income from territories.  NO income should be added to the value indicated on the chart when income is collected.

Umm I’m confused.

So you don’t use it for bonuses just regular income.

Like say in Pacific 40 Japan has Manchuria, Japan, and Korea

You put the Jap roundel on 14 IPCS. But if China has everything in the Burma Road (thats their’s) you put the value on 2 or 7?

• @Dylan:

You put the Jap roundel on 14 IPCS. But if China has everything in the Burma Road (thats their’s) you put the value on 2 or 7?

Well, it’s certainly not 7, seeing as the NO is worth 6 (2+6=8, in case you missed that). Anyway, you would have the walue at 2.

• @Frontovik:

@Dany:

I’m not saying the Japanese is better off overall in global then in pacific. What im saying is that J1 is relatively better than J2 or J3 in Global than it is pacific. There might be rules when the Russian can attack the Japanese that changes that bur from what I have heard so far I think the Japanese will attack in turn one every game.

that’s switching german chances of victory to japanese chances to victory ^^

Yes but I am not sure that the ratio is 1:1. Ofc the Germans and Italians wont be happy but for the overall axis cause i think the J1 will be the supreme strat if the total IPC jump for a war time USA is 30.

• '22 '19 '18

I believe that if you play just Europe alone than the U.S. at war bonus is 30, but if you play global than the at War bonus
    is only 40.  Giving the total U.S. income during Global war of 92!!!  112 IPC would be way too much, and america could take on
    all the axis powers by themselves.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m