• '10

I am excited like everyone else to see that France is now included in this game.  I was surprised to see that the units were included in the USA box…  does it say in the rules that France is controlled by the US player? (Although on separate turn)

I have discussed this with some of my game group and we have decided (in the Global game) that the ANZAC player will control France.  The USA already has the largest income…  two giant theaters of War…  the control of CHINA etc…  Seems unfair to give them France also!

Giving the ANZAC player control of France seems more fair considering their smaller theater of War in the game…  and also giving them something to do in the European theater during the game (other than the one INF division in Egypt)

if not, one player will have too much to do… and another will just sit there waiting for 7 other powers to complete their turn (IMO)

• ANZAC/France/China Should all be the same player, IMHO.

• '10

@reloader-1:

ANZAC/France/China Should all be the same player, IMHO.

I see you get my point.

• ANZAC/France/China Should all be the same player, IMHO.

That makes sense to me as well!
    Thoes426 :evil:

• @reloader-1:

ANZAC/France/China Should all be the same player, IMHO.

I disagree way to many places to do stuff.

ANZAC put with the US
    France put with the UK
    China put with the UK

This way one player can focus on certain things more

East Front Allies: USSR
    East Front Axis: Germany
    Africa Allies: UK and France ( :roll: )
    Africa Axis: Italy
    Asia Allies: UK and China
    Asia Axis: Japan
    Pacific Allies: US and ANZAC
    Baltic and North Sea Allies: UK and France, maybe US
    Baltic and North Sea Axis: Germany, maybe Italy.

• I bring this idea

UK Euro + France

Anzac + China + Uk Pacific

Any thoughts?

• @Napoleon:

I bring this idea

UK Euro + France

Anzanc + China + Uk Pacific

Any thoughts?

I still think ANZAC should go with the UK.

• UK has to be together.

• 6 players for the ideal game.

p1- germany
    p2-italy
    p3-japan
    p4-us and china
    p5-uk, france, and anzac
    p6-russia

• I know my group is going to try to get 8 players in by creating a “Franco-Chinese” player

• It all depends on how many players you have. If there are 7 then the Anz player will get rather board. So yea I would give him other minor powers (France/China) to keep him interested in the game. If you have 6 players, and you split 2 axis, and 4 allies, then the person that ends up w/Anz should also get more, same as above. I don’t think there will be a set match up though, it will be up to the people playing the game.

If you have 3 people playing allies, I would try to make sure that all 3 people are involved from the get go. The UK will be at war, so no problem there (would keep UK E & P together). The Anz could really go to the UK or US in my book, they will be a minor ally to both (most will keep them w/UK).  Russia and US may be out of the action for a while. I would pair China to Russia because I think Russia will come to China’s aid in the Global game and they will most likely have to work together vs Jap. That leaves France going to US, so that player will have something to do the first few rounds as well. Any surviving French units (land or sea) will most likely just back up US (or UK) positions. The US & French turn order is back to back, so it would be easier for them to work together, as Italy goes between UK and France.

Sounds like my vote for the ally side w/3players would be:
    Russia + China
    UK (E & P) + Anz
    USA + France

I also think for a change of pace people may split into more of a theater type game (like Napoleon has suggested) every now and again. The UK would be obvious, but some might take it further and may even split the US between two people working in different theaters. It would be fun to negotiate the US income, and how to play it.

The best part is that there are so many como’s for the allies. So each time you play you can change things up.

• @savage:

I know my group is going to try to get 8 players in by creating a “Franco-Chinese” player

Why does someone in your group have a curfew (LOL), both those powers could be out of the game by the 3rd turn.

Just kidding, could be fun just to try to keep the underdog in the game.

• Russia and US need to be France and China, because they are doing very little else during the first 3 turns.

• UK and Fra = European Powers Player
    Commonwealth and ANZAC = British (Ex-)Colonies Player
    USA and China = Team America World Police Player

Everyone else can probably be their own country.

This should make everyone happy.

• I know in a four player game with my parter I would control the US, Anzac, France, and China, and my partner controls UK(east and west) and then Russia.  By round three France will be dead(for all real purposes because the only decisions let for them are minimal) and china will be nearly cleared by that point and I am basically left with the US and Anzac

• In a 5 player game, here is how I would split the Allies:

USA and ANZAC

UK and France

Russia and China

This gives great possibilities for working together to defend and attack, and allows each player to coordinate between a minor and a major effectively.

• I agree.

• that idea sounds the best as china has to protect the Russian back door .

• @Butcher:

In a 5 player game, here is how I would split the Allies:

USA and ANZAC

UK and France

Russia and China

This gives great possibilities for working together to defend and attack, and allows each player to coordinate between a minor and a major effectively.

I agree with everything, but I was giving China to the Brits, but that might be better.

• For our first game, our group is trying to accommodate 8 players.  Tentatively we have:

US Pacific Command
    US Atlantic Command
    UK Europe/Africa plus France
    UK Pacific plus ANZAC
    Russia
    Germany
    Italy
    Japan

China control TBD

Not ideal in some respects, but we wanted to get as many players with some actual teeth in as we could.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m