• strategies for global game?
    (first of all, i think US and USSR already get a lot, even being neutral)

so, will japan still do its j1 attack?
    i think it should, especially with almost no forces in west-india

perhaps combine it with Italy ignoring everything and pushing heavily into egypt?

and germany should try a sealion?
    but problem is that if japan declares war on UK (and succesfuly removing them from asia and middle-east) US might support the UK, and US and USSR get enough even when they’re neutral to pressure germany

or, japan waiths, takes down china first, and builds up till last moment, and unleashes together with germany. but india will be an untakable fortress by then…

so, drag germany into a war for which it’s not ready, or let the perfect moment fade away for japan, and waith for germany?

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Why is everyone intent on Sealion being a legitimate strategy? It is pretty difficult to pull off on turn one and becomes nearly impossible afterwards. If Germany fails at it, they are basically screwed for the game and your Axis partners won’t be happy. Possible? Perhaps… But depending on their amount of men and materiale I think it to be an unwise gamble. I prefer the more conservative fist-fight with the Communists.

• @LHoffman:

Why is everyone intent on Sealion being a legitimate strategy? It is pretty difficult to pull off on turn one and becomes nearly impossible afterwards. If Germany fails at it, they are basically screwed for the game and your Axis partners won’t be happy. Possible? Perhaps… But depending on their amount of men and materiale I think it to be an unwise gamble. I prefer the more conservative fist-fight with the Communists.

with what forces would the british fight back, while they’re fighting japan and italy in africa?
    it’s all a matter of pressure
    even if the invasion itself doesn’t work

@Frontovik:

with what forces would the british fight back, while they’re fighting japan and italy in africa?
    it’s all a matter of pressure
    even if the invasion itself doesn’t work

Well, it would be a good way to distract Britain and keep them from reinforcing their world holdings… however I question the amount of time and money Germany can spend on slamming England… especially if it won’t take the British Isles in the end. Once Russia and the US enter the war Britain will be beat up, yes… but Germany will be running out of gas and a ripe target for a Red wave of Soviet soldiers. Plus you have to figure that Germany will have to spend the first turn taking France. After this, Britain will have consolidated and reinforced enough to foil a German invasion on turn 2.

• i think it’s better wait the political situation for aae40… cause it’s still not clear  :mrgreen:

@Panz3r:

i think it’s better wait the political situation for aae40… cause it’s still not clear  :mrgreen:

Yeah, the political aspect is a newer dynamic that needs to be experimented with. Obviously I cannot make total assertions on E40 or G40 yet… but I believe generalizations based on the other games are warranted and have credibility.

• I will probably play the first games with splitting the UK income, assuming they did playtested the game… If we find the game imbalanced, a quick change could be to combine the UK income :)

• what if its imalinced towards the allies a.k.a the have the advantage! :?

Maybe we should accept that there will never be a perfectly balanced game.

• @LHoffman:

Guadalcanal was

@Dylan:

@LHoffman:

Guadalcanal was

I have it, but have never taken the time to actually play it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m