Who do you think will have the biggest advantage in G40

• Well……Who do you think?

• I’m pretty concerned with the impact Japan might have in Europe. With their enormous air force (and especially if they remain neutral for a few turns) they can breeze through china and transfer planes there to attack the Soviet Union right in its center by the 3rd or 4th turn, which, when combined with Germany’s attack, whould utterly annihalate them (and all of the allies).

• Obviously each of the axis powers must be more powerful than in reality to make the game fair. But i feel like Japan is especially bloated and China reduced super-unrealistically. I think that they try to make the U.S. divide their ipcs evenly between the two theatres (pacific and Europe). But I do not think that this should be the case, as it is unrealistic and slights Germany and China. Germany should be a much greater threat than Japan.

• Japan can easily get as much of its arifoce into Europe as it wants…after about turn 3.  I’m not sure who will have the biggest advantage, but Japan could have the biggest impact in many ways.

• France

:-D

• It’s hard to say, but US will be rich, but will take for ever to do anything! Japan has a large air force that can take on the weak Indian and Chinese forces, which will leave an easy Russia. Germany should be able to take on Russia, but will be harder then before. Africa and Med is the weakest part for the Axis, but still possible if you think well.

• I’m thinking US. There is a very good possibility the US could get away with spending 70% + of its income in one theater. It could have big implications but I’m more inclined to think that most people will be more creative than 50/50 with US.

I think the fears of Japan are unwarranted. 4 Rounds is about the time Japan will be at its strongest. 4 rounds is a pretty long time. Combine this with the 20 or so Infantry in Soviet East and Japan isn’t as threatening. Also, if the US has a presence in the pacific Japan will be kept honest and unable to mass fighters to Europe.

• Combine all that with the fact that Japan probably won’t be doing a J1-kill-every-possible-Allied-ship-attack…

• Even if China gets whipped, the Allies can get into the Indies if Japan isn’t doing J1. This should be a very different game from Pac 40.

• i fear india being untakable with japan
    but it all comes down to 1 thing: do you prefer japan or germany?
    if it’s germany, you’ll waith as japan for as long as possible
    if it’s japan you prefer, do a full j1 attack…

• I don’t think Germany and Japan are tied together politically, meaning you can still do a J1 and only the allies will be at war with Japan, not Germany. Personally I’m worried about Italy, something tells me that they will be able to just own Africa and the Middle East without much trouble, making them very rich and powerful. It is definitely going to take a concerted effort by the UK and US to slow Italy’s march down. Japan will not be as powerful as everyone thinks, remember the US will be getting an infusion of cash from the European theater, and Russia starts the game off making more money than Germany. That means Russia can afford to send more troops Eastward at the start of the game, and Japan while having a large air force and navy, is lacking in ground forces. Something tells me that Russia can be a real thorn in Japan’s side if it wants to.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m