Mega error with the global map! Mayday! Mayday!

• The global map does not wrap around. USA west from pacific 1940 does not fit with central USA from europe 1940!

• and this is a megaerror how? you can still go from west to central and vice versa

• i doesn’t fit that way with AA50 too

• almost every game is like that.

• most players know that its illegal. newbies may not but people who buy this will probably know that. that SZ prob connects to panama.

• @MEGAEINSTEIN:

How can you say that in the past none of the maps lined up?

Because none of the other maps were intended to play with the USA’s connected?

• whyn dont you wait and line them up before you make accusations. I dont mean line up to make game but west with central. its not even out yet.

• I am refering to the map posted by Captain Beremir

Re: My review copy of Axis & Allies Europe 1940 has arrived
    « Reply #110 on: July 31, 2010, 08:12:17 pm » (page 8)

This brilliant map junction made by Captain Beremir proves what i was saying.

And to you “Proud American” i would like to point out that this game is not a Bible, but a working project that is improved in future versions, and pointing mistakes is somehow contributing to future developments and to the success of aa in future generations.

• I never said it was a bible.  :x I said no one cares. we all know that its not how it goes. 2nd. your acting like its an HUGE GAME BREAKING END OF THW WORLD MISTAKE. Well its not.

• THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END!!!
    THE MAP MIGHT NOT LINE UP!

REPENT NOW OR WE’RE ALL DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!

• A guy from PORTUGAL will never full understand you guys.

One thing i know: the two most brilliant countries in the world are Germany and USA.

Germany because of BMW and USA because of AA.

• The US has Ford. ( I’d mention GM but since they took the bailout their not as prestigious to me. Even though they do have Cadillac and the corvette. Caddy has a good performance car). Just reppen the us.

• Back on topic, this misallignment of the maps is definitely noteworthy as it will effect naval movement from the panama canal to the pacific…ie which seazones are adjacent to which when you wrap around? Plus its ugly as hell if you have any perfectionist tendancies at all. A lot of guys that have said its not a big deal have complained in the past about smaller errors……just sayin :|.

• I agree with sandwich here. The alignment could be very important to transfer naval units from the West Coast to the Atlantic.

Looking at the current linked up map there are 5 seazones in the Pacific area that border the side of the map and only 3 on the Europe side…. How these link with each other probably needs a clarification. Krieg, you also read this thread?  :-)

Looking at it again, I think you can make a direct move from the West Coast Naval base to the East Coast base… Unless of course Seazone 10 does not border the Western side of the Panama canal.

• @Shakespeare:

I beggin you, please bring back Karma!  :-(

ROFL!

I know exactly what you mean.

• the way the edges line up , a ship on the west coast of US(or Mexico) would need a move of 3 just to get to the west side of the panama canal.That just seems wrong and will definitely be problematic If the US wants to reposition ships between theaters. 2cents given.

• This is making less and less sense to me. If I had to guess why this error is so pronounced I would say (this is pure speculation):

• The pacific map was developed 1st. The main objectiv was to give the feeling of lots of sea zones because the Pacific is huge. One way to obtain this effect was printing North America smaller on the map.

• When developing Europe, a brilliant idea came to reality - increasing the size of Mediterrain Sea with two rows of sea zones instead of one. This allows much more deph in naval battles in Mediterain. The problem was that this to be achieved Africa had to went down on the map and, consequenttly, North America had also to went down on the map. The consequence is that Western America and the sea spaces in AAP40 do not fit with with Central America and sea spaces in AAE40.

• @MEGAEINSTEIN:

This is making less and less sense to me. If I had to guess why this error is so pronounced I would say (this is pure speculation):

• The pacific map was developed 1st. The main objectiv was to give the feeling of lots of sea zones because the Pacific is huge. One way to obtain this effect was printing North America smaller on the map.

• When developing Europe, a brilliant idea came to reality - increasing the size of Mediterrain Sea with two rows of sea zones instead of one. This allows much more deph in naval battles in Mediterain. The problem was that this to be achieved Africa had to went down on the map and, consequenttly, North America had also to went down on the map. The consequence is that Western America and the sea spaces in AAP40 do not fit with with Central America and sea spaces in AAE40.

That sounds about right… I suppose it won’t affect game-play - but man, it looks really bad.  And I was looking forward to buying these games and NOT having to print out my own map.  Oh well… I’ll be waiting for someone to fix it (IP).  :wink:

• And that’s why you don’t make half of the map at one point and then the other half a year later  :x

• once we get a clear answer on whats adjacent to what, I plan on making a strip map that i can place on either side of the map to show adjacentcies.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m