Japan controlling Western United States

• Hey everybody, I have a question.  In AAP1940 I was able to take western U.S. as Japan and the allied player insistd that I would only collect the initial 10 ipc’s that the u.s. starts with not the entire 50 that he was collecting the turn before.  I want to get everybodys opinion on the matter and maybe find right answer.  I read in the rules and it doesnt exactly say whether or not.

• Official Q&A

Japan only gets 10 IPCs for it.  The other 40 IPCs come from a US National Objective, which Japan doesn’t collect.

• I think the W. US is always worth 10. In game mechanics the US just has a national objective worth 40 if they are at war.

• We have been playing that it is the original 10 IPC’s that the U.S. starts with.  I don’t remember where I read it at, but I believe that is the rule, since this question came up back when we first started playing when the game came out in December.

• '10

Krieghund assisted with developing the rules.  His answer is the answer.

• Shouldn’t this be in Pacific 40.

• If it gets to this point in P40, I don’t think it matters whether Japan collects the extra 40 or not.  A US player who manages to lose Western US with 50 IPCs has lost the game already.

• @SgtBlitz:

If it gets to this point in P40, I don’t think it matters whether Japan collects the extra 40 or not.  A US player who manages to lose Western US with 50 IPCs has lost the game already.

Or have they…

You could put everything at West US murder them and watch Asia fall apart, while they want to reinforce.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@SgtBlitz:

If it gets to this point in P40, I don’t think it matters whether Japan collects the extra 40 or not.  A US player who manages to lose Western US with 50 IPCs has lost the game already.

Yeah… I was thinking the same thing. How the heck did Japan take the Western US?! If they did, the game is done.

Is this a game that some of you guys would play out to the bitter end, like we have discussed in another thread? Honestly, what’s the point? Or would you just end it?

I say SCREW that game!

• @Krieghund:

Japan only gets 10 IPCs for it.  The other 40 IPCs come from a US National Objective, which Japan doesn’t collect.

That’s the reason to not include symbols useless in the game. That ‘50’ roundel does nothing more than confuse (like the jap simbols in Kia and Man in AA50 and those simbols in that northern country in AA40). None of them should be there, and one could make a cause for deleting UK & Canada roundels in AAP40 map: all of them should be Indian simbols for compatibility with AAG40

• @Funcioneta:

@Krieghund:

That’s the reason to not include symbols useless in the game. That ‘50’ roundel does nothing more than confuse (like the jap simbols in Kia and Man in AA50 and those simbols in that northern country in AA40). None of them should be there, and one could make a cause for deleting UK & Canada roundels in AAP40 map: all of them should be Indian simbols for compatibility with AAG40

I agree, but an Indian turn would suck (if that’s what your getting at,) but I live in BC and we do not see an Indian flag ever.

• No, I’m saying that since that India is going to collect their own income, they should have Indian roundels. About BC, it’s Larry who decided that wacky split, not me. But since it’s there, BC and Yukon should have Indian roundels

In fact, with the current split India/UK, I’d prefer having a Indian roundel at West India and UK roundels in all Canada. That would fit the system that Larry chosen for AAG40 (with India as 10th playable power) and have more sense that BC as Indian colony, but we are going to have BC (and Yukon) as shiny Indian colonies  :|

• @Funcioneta:

No, I’m saying that since that India is going to collect their own income, they should have different roundels. About BC, it’s Larry who decided that wacky split, not me. But since it’s there, BC and Yukon should have Indian roundels

In fact, with the current split India/UK, I’d prefer having a Indian roundel at West India and UK roundels in all Canada. That would fit the system that Larry chosen for AAG40 (with India as 10th playable power) and have more sense that BC as Indian colony, but we are going to have BC (and Yukon) as shiny Indian colonies  :|

lol. But what would be an Indian roundel, like the thing on their flag at the time (the little circle,) because India was very British at the time.

• Old AAP used Union Jack as UK convoys roundel. In AAG40, you could use Union Jack roundel in all UK territories and the roundel used in AAP40 reserved to Indian territories. Just an idea

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m