• Does anyone have any educated guesses as to the number of Italian troops that will start in Africa? From the pictures we’ve seen it looks like there are four Italian territories: Two in East Africa (Ethiopia and Somalia) and two in Libya (Cyrencia and Tripolantia). My guess would be two infantry in Ethiopia and one in Somalia, but I’m not sure about the Libyan territories. Do you think it’ll be all infantry or will there be offensive units (i.e. tanks, artillery) as well?

• The East african force will be pitifluy small, and strcitly infantry. Perhaps 2-3

The lybian force will be out of position to hurt Egypt on I1, and will be fleshed out, but will not be numericaly superior to the Brits, as the Italians were historicly, to represent the comparitive weakness of the Italian forces there. Im guessing 1 Tank, 1 Art, 2 INF in Cyrencia, 2 INF Tripolitania.

The brits will have 1 INF in Tobruk, and 3 INF, 1 Art, 1 Tank, 2 Fighters in Egypt.
    INF sprinkled around central africa too.

• @oztea:

The East african force will be pitifluy small, and strcitly infantry. Perhaps 2-3

The lybian force will be out of position to hurt Egypt on I1, and will be fleshed out, but will not be numericaly superior to the Brits, as the Italians were historicly, to represent the comparitive weakness of the Italian forces there. Im guessing 1 Tank, 1 Art, 2 INF in Cyrencia, 2 INF Tripolitania.

The brits will have 1 INF in Tobruk, and 3 INF, 1 Art, 1 Tank, 2 Fighters in Egypt.

What about for an air force that’s in Italy, or that can reach in Germany?

• I would guess that there will be a single fighter in Lybia, more towards the west near tunisa.

@oztea:

Why would British forces be in Tobruk? If this is at the start of hostilities I dont think the Brits would be there quite yet (and wouldnt it be an ANZAC INF?)

• Possibly, and the territory I refer to as Tobruk is the yet unnamed territory to the direct west of Egypt propper. It would be refered to as Tobruk/Alexandria.

The northern cost of Africa being Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia (port), Tripolitania, Cirenaica, Tobruk/Alexandria (port?), Egypt (port?)

• @oztea:

The East african force will be pitifluy small, and strcitly infantry. Perhaps 2-3

I agree with this post, I feel the starting pieces will be very much in line with this.

• @Axisgirl:

Maybe some Destroyers off thee Coast? What would really help is a Battleship or Cruiser to Bombard

Now heres an intresting thought. How will the royal navy be positioned in the Med.? Will they be concentrated in the east near Egypy? Or in the west near Gibraltar? Or will they be spread out between those 2 and another force around Malta? These were the 3 bases the Royal navy used during the war, and will have a direct impact on how the Italians are able to reinforce Africa.
    If the royal navy is concentrated in one place, say near Egypt, then the Italians are gunna be in trouble, not wanting to risk their ships in a combat where they have near equal numbers to the Brits. I doubt that the Italians will have the economic means to replace heavy losses, espically in ships. If the royal navy is spread out, then the Italians will want to be more agressive, and try to destroy the royal navy piecemeal, before they get the chance to concentrate.
    How the scramble rules will effect things, espically with Malat in mind, adds another thing to consider……

• A (crappy) picture of the Europe map has been released. It only has the very edges of the Chinese territories that are cut off in Pacific.

• Tibet is represented in the game, it is called the Himalayas and is impassable, as accurate as anyone could have asked for,

though a bit off topic

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m