• I think a 2 or less is not realistic. Like I think an artillery could do more damage then a tank blast (3 or less,) like artillery are very powerful maybe even 4 or less!

• @Dylan:

I think a 2 or less is not realistic. Like I think an artillery could do more damage then a tank blast (3 or less,) like artillery are very powerful maybe even 4 or less!

It doesnt have to do with how much damage they do but rather accuracy I think.

Tanks are far more accurate and deadly than blind artillery barrages.

• tanks are also more mobile, probably hold more ammo, and better armored.  this factors in to the numerical value of their attack and defense

• 2 or les is OK but some artillery like Long tom and 88mm canon must have specefic capabilities.

Long tom = Attacker first shot attack. In the first round of combat, on a roll of 2 or less, enemy lost 1 infantry without reply.
    88 canon = German player can roll 1 die for each tank. On a roll of 1, enemy lost 1 tank.

• @crusaderiv:

2 or les is OK but some artillery like Long tom and 88mm canon must have specefic capabilities.

Long tom = Attacker first shot attack. In the first round of combat, on a roll of 2 or less, enemy lost 1 infantry without reply.
    88 canon = German player can roll 1 die for each tank. On a roll of 1, enemy lost 1 tank.

it may add confusion to the game, maybe if they were development tech options that improve artillery.

• _it may add confusion to the game, maybe if they were development tech options that improve artillery. _
    Yes. for the long tom it must be a tech but german player must have 88 mm canon at the beginning of the game.
    88 was AA gun at the beginning of war but was used for the first against tank during the battle of France.

• @Keredrex:

@crusaderiv:

2 or les is OK but some artillery like Long tom and 88mm canon must have specefic capabilities.

it may add confusion to the game, maybe if they were development tech options that improve artillery.

the 88 cannon sounds more like an anti-tank gun if used this way

• @lnmajor:

which it is.

I like the idea of increaseing artillery’s cost one IPC and then giving them first strike like a sub. Right now they seem extremely week in most situations

• i have been using for a while now, arrtillery fires first, casulties removed before return fire, every round of combat. sounds harsh but try it.

• the 88 cannon sounds more like an anti-tank gun if used this way
    Yes but uin fact, 88 canon is versatil.
    Germany used as AA gun, Anti gun and artillery as well in the same battle.

• @crusaderiv:

Yes but uin fact, 88 canon is versatil.
    Germany used as AA gun, Anti gun and artillery as well in the same battle.

if thats the case,GERMANY should have special pieces to represent 88s and they should be able to use them in all 3 ways. ouch!

• if thats the case,GERMANY should have special pieces to represent 88s and they should be able to use them in all 3 ways. ouch!

Why not! :evil:

• @crusaderiv:

if thats the case,GERMANY should have special pieces to represent 88s and they should be able to use them in all 3 ways. ouch!

Why not! :evil:

Your a neo nazi.

• on the scale this game is played, the artillery differences between each nation are small as compared to the units you have to choose from.  If you give germany a slightly different unit for there artillery then what about the US p51 mustangs, which were better aircraft than the Zero, or the superfortresses….why should germany only get a special unit? you can make the argument that every nation had varying differences in comparable units.  If you start incorporating those unit differences then the game becomes immensely more complex for a 6 sided di game.
    dont get me wrong… i think adding slightly different unit could be cool, but balance should be maintained. 
    as it is now the spring 1942 version is very balanced, If you tip the scale in favor of germany then your just giving them a better chance of winning.

• @Keredrex:

on the scale this game is played, the artillery differences between each nation are small as compared to the units you have to choose from.  If you give germany a slightly different unit for there artillery then what about the US p51 mustangs, which were better aircraft than the Zero, or the superfortresses….why should germany only get a special unit? you can make the argument that every nation had varying differences in comparable units.  If you start incorporating those unit differences then the game becomes immensely more complex for a 6 sided di game.
    dont get me wrong… i think adding slightly different unit could be cool, but balance should be maintained. 
    as it is now the spring 1942 version is very balanced, If you tip the scale in favor of germany then your just giving them a better chance of winning.

i just like the idea of an anti-tank gun used just like a anti-aircraft gun, except used on tanks. this would mainly effect the GERMAN/RUSSIAN conflict

• '12

Dylan, first, it’s you’re not your.  Secondly, you’re still doing name calling in a forum, it’s really something you ought not to do.

• @MrMalachiCrunch:

Dylan, first, it’s you’re not your.  Secondly, you’re still doing name calling in a forum, it’s really something you ought not to do.

Okay, but it was really tempting.

• '12

I’m not sure what reason you think that comment deserved what you said.  In any event, attack the ideas, not the person.

• Artillery do give a huge push to the attacker already.  Remember they also boost infantry +1 on the attack as well.  In this way, statistically, they give more punch than a single tank.

• No offense…

Neo nazi…sure not… but a good german player yes I’am…

_i]on the scale this game is played, the artillery differences between each nation are small as compared to the units you have to choose from.  If you give germany a slightly different unit for there artillery then what about the US p51 mustangs, which were better aircraft than the Zero, or the superfortresses….why should germany only get a special unit? you can make the argument that every nation had varying differences in comparable units.  If you start incorporating those unit differences then the game becomes immensely more complex for a 6 sided di game.
    dont get me wrong… i think adding slightly different unit could be cool, but balance should be maintained. _
    P51 was introduced in 1943. 88 canon appears early in the war.
    I prefer accuracy before balanced game.
    Anyway, in all A&A game, the advantage in on the Allies side.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m