• I’ve been thinking USSR and the United Kingdom both can strike Japanese territories on their first turn, like Britain most likely could take down French Indo China and Russia could also most likely take down Machurnia. So then hoping Britain built an industry in India, Japan could either counter attack or use whatever’s left and attack China. Could this ever work?

• the battle of FIC is 2 inf, ftr vs 2 inf, ftr, and you will lose most of the time.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

the battle of FIC is 2 inf, ftr vs 2 inf, ftr, and you will lose most of the time.

You could pick up the guy from Iraq.

• Then the transport would have to move 3 zones

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Then the transport would have to move 3 zones

grr.

2 Inf
    DiceRolling 2d6:
    (2, 3)  
    1 Fig
    DiceRolling 1d6:
    (6)

2 Inf
    DiceRolling 2d6:
    (5, 6)  
    1 Fig
    DiceRolling 1d6:
    (1)

• '12

Dylan, seriously, use a battle simulator.

http://www.dskelly.com/misc/aa/aasim.html

Make sure you select the correct game you are using.

A simulator does not give you direction or strategy, but it will help you to know if an attack or defense is likely to succeed or fail.  Make note of the IPCs lost, using 4 bombers against 4 INF will look great on the % wins but when you look at the average cost to you of the win….sometimes not so much great…

• Its certainly one way to try to slow Japan down.  The extra territories for you (and less for Japan) does a couple things, 1) it reduces Japans IPCs and increases yours which is a swing of a few infantry and 2) it forces Japan to take more territories before it can threaten Moscow. Its a gamble if this is a better way to play than simply stacking Russian infantry in Yakut, then backing up to Novo but I think the allies are better off attacking than defending.

What also sometimes happens is 1) Russia takes Manchuria, 2) UK takes Kwang via the transport from india.  Then on US1, the US takes FIC if possible after J1.  This results in Japan having nothing on the mainland after R1.  To counter this in a bid game (though I’m not really an expert on playing with bids), it is typical to add an inf or two to manchuria so that the odds of Russia taking this is slim.

• @221B:

Its certainly one way to try to slow Japan down.  The extra territories for you (and less for Japan) does a couple things, 1) it reduces Japans IPCs and increases yours which is a swing of a few infantry and 2) it forces Japan to take more territories before it can threaten Moscow. Its a gamble if this is a better way to play than simply stacking Russian infantry in Yakut, then backing up to Novo but I think the allies are better off attacking than defending.

What also sometimes happens is 1) Russia takes Manchuria, 2) UK takes Kwang via the transport from india.  Then on US1, the US takes FIC if possible after J1.  This results in Japan having nothing on the mainland after R1.  To counter this in a bid game (though I’m not really an expert on playing with bids), it is typical to add an inf or two to manchuria so that the odds of Russia taking this is slim.

So I’m too stupid.

• @Dylan:

@221B:

Its certainly one way to try to slow Japan down.  The extra territories for you (and less for Japan) does a couple things, 1) it reduces Japans IPCs and increases yours which is a swing of a few infantry and 2) it forces Japan to take more territories before it can threaten Moscow. Its a gamble if this is a better way to play than simply stacking Russian infantry in Yakut, then backing up to Novo but I think the allies are better off attacking than defending.

So I’m too stupid.

What?!

I don’t think you are stupid.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m