• Should there be French units in Indochina in Global 1940? Maybe two infantry and a naval base, along with a destroyer and transport?

• I think a naval base will just help Japan. Larry said that he doubted whether their historical presence coulnts for 1 inf in there. I seriously doubt there’ll be a navy

• @calvinhobbesliker:

I think a naval base will just help Japan. Larry said that he doubted whether their historical presence coulnts for 1 inf in there. I seriously doubt there’ll be a navy

Do you think you could show me where he said that?  :?

• '10

Per LH 8-12-09

The French territories will be French but there will not be any French units located on the AAP map. They will appear in the Europe game however. As for the Global game… I’m not sure there is a large enough French presence to warrant French units in FIC.

• @johnnymarr:

Per LH 8-12-09

The French territories will be French but there will not be any French units located on the AAP map. They will appear in the Europe game however. As for the Global game… I’m not sure there is a large enough French presence to warrant French units in FIC.

I’m not sure what he means by that. France maintained a prescense there, not a huge one, but enough, I would think, to warrant at least an infantry.

And sure a naval base might help Japan, but I think that would play out to be a double-edged knife: it becomes more of a tempting target to the Japanese, but since it’s Global game, an attack on French Indochina means risking the ire of the UK and ANZAC.

Unless, of course, Larry already has a rule that says even in Global a Japanese attack on French Indochina won’t provoke Britain and ANZAC. Though I think it would seem better if it was non-provocative only after Paris falls…

• regardless of whatever the set up says. Im putting an infantry there. Do you really think japan should just snag those IPCs for free? neither did I ( and that question was rhetorical)

• @idk_iam_swiss:

regardless of whatever the set up says. Im putting an infantry there. Do you really think japan should just snag those IPCs for free? neither did I ( and that question was rhetorical)

They did historically take it without a fight. This may represent the Vichy rule without actually having a Vichy rule.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@idk_iam_swiss:

regardless of whatever the set up says. Im putting an infantry there. Do you really think japan should just snag those IPCs for free? neither did I ( and that question was rhetorical)

They did historically take it without a fight. This may represent the Vichy rule without actually having a Vichy rule.

A good point. However, we can also assume that if we’re ignoring the Vichy rule in Europe we might as well ignore it in the Pacific. As Swiss said, I don’t think those IPCs should be free, even if they were free for the Japanese in real life. If France has at least two infantry, a destroyer, and a transport (or a cruiser at best) in Indochina it would, again, present the Japanese player with an interesting scenario.

I’m definitely going to try out several different scenarios once Europe 1940 comes out: with France having two infantry, a naval base and two non-battleship naval units there; with France having just one infantry there; and then with nothing.

• @UN:

@johnnymarr:

Per LH 8-12-09

I’m not sure what he means by that. France maintained a prescense there, not a huge one, but enough, I would think, to warrant at least an infantry.

And sure a naval base might help Japan, but I think that would play out to be a double-edged knife: it becomes more of a tempting target to the Japanese, but since it’s Global game, an attack on French Indochina means risking the ire of the UK and ANZAC.

Unless, of course, Larry already has a rule that says even in Global a Japanese attack on French Indochina won’t provoke Britain and ANZAC. Though I think it would seem better if it was non-provocative only after Paris falls…

Yeah what is the case with the decleration of war with french indochina in global….is there one is japs enter it?

• @Napoleon:

@UN:

@johnnymarr:

Per LH 8-12-09

Yeah what is the case with the decleration of war with french indochina in global….is there one is japs enter it?

I’m not quite sure. As calvin has said, if Japan invades it in Global it might not be provocative, kind of as a Vichy rule without actually being Vichy. On the other hand, as I said, if we’re ignoring the Vichy rule in Europe 1940 we might as well ignore it in Global 1940.

• Good point…also mine…thats why i ask this question…lets wait…if japan doesn’t attack round 1 in global…maybe it will be the case…then the question is very interesting

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m