• let me try to make this simpler. can infantry shoot down fighters?

• Yes.

• what i believed, the people i played against said japan could not take the territory since only a plane was in it and you could not shoot it…
    they also said we had to have infantry attached to artillery to make it fire…and when i argued those points they called me a cheater

• Understandable.  I’ve had similar fights with people who applied a little too much logic to the whole battle concept rather than simply applying their logic to the stated rules in the rulebook.  The rulebook states the rules simply enough in most cases, but a lot of overthinking leads to a lot of drawn out and sometimes heated arguments, even on the forums here. :-P

• @amossin:

what i believed, the people i played against said japan could not take the territory since only a plane was in it and you could not shoot it…
    they also said we had to have infantry attached to artillery to make it fire…and when i argued those points they called me a cheater

Air power alone cannot capture a territory, but it can eliminate all units in that territory without capturing it. At least one ground unit is needed to capture a territory.

Infantry and planes can shoot at each other without problem if they are in the same space.

Artillery can fire alone. However, it doubles the attack strength of an infantry if an infantry accompanies it. The artillery unit doesn’t represent only the equipment, it represents the equipment and the men who use it. Just as you wouldn’t need an infantry to “drive” a tank, the tank is self-contained with all the personnel needed to operate it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m