• According to Larry, British territories in Africa include South Africa, Rhodesia, Tanzania, Kenya, Sudan, and Egypt. Thus, tanks built in SAF will take 3 turns to reach Egypt and other land units will take 5 turns. The Indian IC will be too busy with Japan to provide much help, and even if it wanted to, there are neutral territories between India and Egypt which delay the process. On the other hand, the UK will probably be in a good condition to disrupt Italian efforts to take Egypt with its Navy.

So, do yuo think that the UK can defend Egypt in the beginning of the game?

• My first assumption is how the starting force of the Italians in Libya and Ethiopia will be represented. Historically, the Italians outnumbered the British, but I don’t think the Italians would be able to take Egypt outright on T1, without a British counterattack or without amassing a force.

• @Admiral:

My first assumption is how the starting force of the Italians in Libya and Ethiopia will be represented. Historically, the Italians outnumbered the British, but I don’t think the Italians would be able to take Egypt outright on T1, without a British counterattack or without amassing a force.

Yeah, but the quality was bad, so it may reduce to about equal.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Admiral:

My first assumption is how the starting force of the Italians in Libya and Ethiopia will be represented. Historically, the Italians outnumbered the British, but I don’t think the Italians would be able to take Egypt outright on T1, without a British counterattack or without amassing a force.

Yes, thats what I’m thinking as well, maybe a total of six Italian infantry in Africa, two placed in Ethiopia, and four in Libya. Or it would be a mixed force, with two or three infantry, one artillery in Libya.  I wouldn’t think there would be any armored units for the Italians, due to their lack of quality historically.

Any ideas of British, or French (since they had colonies their too) set up?

• @Admiral:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Admiral:

Yes, thats what I’m thinking as well, maybe a total of six Italian infantry in Africa, two placed in Ethiopia, and four in Libya. Or it would be a mixed force, with two or three infantry, one artillery in Libya.  I wouldn’t think there would be any armored units for the Italians, due to their lack of quality historically.

Any ideas of British, or French (since they had colonies their too) set up?

Egypt may have 2-3 inf, 1-2 tanks and maybe 1 ftr(it may also have 1 art)

Saf may have around 2 inf, maybe 1 art

In between, there may be a few other inf scattered around to protect territories bordering Italy.

For France, they’ll probably have 1 inf in tunisia and morocco and maybe 2 in algeria, along with 1 in either west or eq africa

• The UK goes before Italy, and any tanks and planes in Egypt should be able to hit Etiopia, along with any inf in Sudan or Kenya

• To be honest even if Egypt can fall, I think it’s better that Africa has British defense in the first place

• @Dylan:

To be honest even if Egypt can fall, I think it’s better that Africa has British defense in the first place

Better than what? When has Africa not has British defense?

• DON’T FORGET ABOUT THE ANZAC INFANTRY IN EGYPT!!!

• @McMan:

DON’T FORGET ABOUT THE ANZAC INFANTRY IN EGYPT!!!

I don’t think they’ll be represented, at least not as ANZAC anyway. Most likely they’ll be grouped as British-Commonwealth, just for the sake of simplicity. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t house rule it per say.  :wink:

• Larry said there will be ANZAC in Egypt

• Really, link?

• Sorry I don’t have the link, but I know it’s somewhere on Larry’s site. I know it’s stupid to spit out information without any evidence, but I’m very confident that he said there will be ANZAC units in Egypt. Can anyone back this up?

• @McMan:

Sorry I don’t have the link, but I know it’s somewhere on Larry’s site. I know it’s stupid to spit out information without any evidence, but I’m very confident that he said there will be ANZAC units in Egypt. Can anyone back this up?

I have also heard there will be Anzac in Egypt but I have no link to back this up.

• Official Q&A

@Admiral:

Really, link?

Yes, really, and don’t call him “link”.

• @Admiral:

Really, link?

link  :-D

• LOL

You guys are hilarious.

• So, there will be an Allied triforce in Africa after all, but what are we looking at here in terms power, one or two infantry?

• @Admiral:

So, there will be an Allied triforce in Africa after all, but what are we looking at here in terms power, one or two infantry?

Two; one with the triforce of courage and one with the triforce of wisdom to counter the triforce of power. :-D

• @SAS:

@Admiral:

So, there will be an Allied triforce in Africa after all, but what are we looking at here in terms power, one or two infantry?

Two; one with the triforce of courage and one with the triforce of wisdom to counter the triforce of power. :-D

ITALY will have 1-2 inf; the UK should have more

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m