• Can the US, UK, or that other place that know one cares about enter the USSR

• I believe there is a Soviet NO that gives a bonus for having no Allied units in the USSR, so it would appear that the Western Allies can indeed enter Soviet territory.

• Moving Allied units into Russia will probably be disallowed until Round 4, or whenever the USSR enters the war on the side of the Allies.  Technically, while the neutrality pact with Germany was in effect, Russia (especially Stalin) was considered to be pro-Axis.

• @cminke:

i hope russia will be hudge.

Here’s to hoping the Soviet Union will be hudge in Europe 1940!

• @UN:

@cminke:

Here’s to hoping the Soviet Union will be hudge in Europe 1940!

I third that.

• @cminke:

Is that Russian for fudge?  Because fudge is great! :mrgreen:

• '10

@cminke:

I am just glad that the new global map is going to be hudge.

• @Dylan:

Can the US, UK, or that other place that know one cares about enter the USSR

China cannot due some cartoonish rule  :-P France, India and ANZAC will can if they manage arrive there somehow (and of course the limeys and the greenies). Canada no way, those leafs are not there for that purpose

• @Funcioneta:

@Dylan:

China cannot due some cartoonish rule  :-P France, India and ANZAC will can if they manage arrive there somehow (and of course the limeys and the greenies). Canada no way, those leafs are not there for that purpose

By the country no cares about i met France

• @Dylan:

Yes indeed, Stalin would let any friends enter the USSR anytime.

Look at 1939 when Stalin was allied to Germany. Stalin let german forces enter East Poland in order to kill polish troops. Stalin gave Germany lots of oil and wheat as aid to an ally. Before the attack on Norway, some german forces started from bases in USSR, supported by USSR. Then Stalin switched side, and let allied Polish troops use the USSR territory, he let UK bombers land in USSR after they had attacked the battleship Tirpitz in Norway. The Chinese was the only one who was not allowed to enter USSR territory after Stalin had banned Mao from the Comintern, because Mao was too soft when dealing with capitalist swines, and he would never build GULag camps like Stalin told him to do.

• '10

@Dylan:

@Funcioneta:

@Dylan:

By the country no cares about i met France

I have never met France but I have met Canada.

• Customizer

Stalin also allowed German destroyers to sail around northern Russia to attack Allied shipping in the Pacific.

I personally believe that if the US/UK can drop land units off into Archangel/Karelia the game is essentially broken.  By all means allow them to send IPC aid to Russia, but historically Stalin did not want to share the glory of victory in Russia with foreign troops.

There must be a handicap to doing this; at the very least the turn it takes for Russia to convert this income into units and get them into action.

In a sense, the eastern and western fronts are depicted in different scales, certainly in regard to the numbers of units represented by infantry and Armoured pieces.  If it were accurate, the IPC income and starting units for Russia relative to the other Allies would be significantly bigger, perhaps 50%+.  That’s why introducing US/UK units into Russia can be so imbalancing.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m