Does anybody know how to go about mounting large game boards?
Here's how I did mine:
1. Print out the map and then decide how big you want each piece to be (for storage) and cut the map into pieces.
2. Get some black 1/4" thick foam core boards at the art supply store.
3. Buy some spray adhesive for paper and photos. 3M makes good stuff, also at art supply or craft store.
4. Spray the board, wait about a minute to let the glue dry a little. Then lay the map section down and smooth it out gently with credit card. You have about 4 minutes to do this.
5. After all map sections are glued to the foam boards, let it dry overnight in a warm dry place to avoid wrinkling.
6. Using a hobby knife and straight edge, cut the foam out around the map sections. Voila! Now you have a hard mounted map like AA50.
I thought about experimenting with some thin fabric glued between the paper and foam to make hinges like all the other folding maps have, but I haven't needed to yet.