September 20, 2017, 05:02:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Want a t-shirt? Check out our awesome Axis & Allies .org T-Shirt Store! Search me
  Articles  
   Home   Help Login Register AACalc  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IL's Axis and Allies Global 1939 and 1942 files  (Read 48072 times)
Imperious Leader
A&A.org Heavy Bomber

Sgt. Saunders 351st, King Company

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2010, 07:29:26 pm »

New files added (IPC record chart, and chart on unit costs)

Also, small rules changes after 2 more play-tests ( at 14 now)
lnmajor
A&A.org Tank

Strength beyond Strength /25yrs AA experience

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2010, 07:24:06 pm »

new map is outstanding!
why did you do sea zone 14 as one space connecting ITALY to AFRICA? this means ITALY can continuously bridge transports and almost efferlessly flood ITALIAN and GERMAN hardware into NORTH AFRICA. also, 2 spaces from EASTERN U.S. to ENGLAND? leaves no space for a mid-atlantic kill zone for GERMAN U-BOATS. i know U-BOATS can still fire apon enemy ships entering their sea zone, but haveing those ships forced to linger out there for one turn really ups the stakes dont you think? same with sea zone 14.
what are your thoughts on this?
Imperious Leader
A&A.org Heavy Bomber

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2010, 08:22:33 pm »

why did you do sea zone 14 as one space connecting ITALY to AFRICA?

Sea zones except for 2 are exactly like AA50. Those two are a second one for japan ( to protect ��� builds) and another one for Carolina islands

this means ITALY can continuously bridge transports and almost efferlessly flood ITALIAN and GERMAN hardware into NORTH AFRICA.

Exactly!, In our games Italy goes for Yugoslavia , Greece, Crete, Turkey and Egypt. For the most part they don't get Egypt until latter in the game if at all. Historical. This version deliberately cuts out all these maxims that people employ for AA global " you must take Egypt on G1" etc... Victory does not rely on this but it can, but its not required.

also, 2 spaces from EASTERN U.S. to ENGLAND? leaves no space for a mid-atlantic kill zone for GERMAN U-BOATS.

They soak off income by just 'floating' in the Atlantic. check rules. Germany would be happy to avoid direct attacks and try to just post subs like hotcakes if possible. Now in these rules its 1:1 destroyer interactions with subs, so extra subs means the allies need to build more destroyers so they can attack the German subs. One of many ideas to use against the allies.

i know U-BOATS can still fire apon enemy ships entering their sea zone, but haveing those ships forced to linger out there for one turn really ups the stakes dont you think? same with sea zone 14.

No need for a kill zone for U-boats. Germany only needs to out-build Allies in destroyers and the excess soaks off income. On turn one the usual play is 2 bombers and subs take out the UK ships off Gibraltar, leaving the Scapa flow fleet just barely enough to plug the hole in north sea to blockade German fleet.  They cant enter Baltic, but they have to keep up the pressure or Germany will break out. Please it out and you will see how brilliant this thing is. It offers alot of new ideas very different than other AA games and models history alot more.
what are your thoughts on this?
lnmajor
A&A.org Tank

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2010, 06:48:22 pm »

makes sense when you look at it that way. ever try reducing ship movement to 1, except for maybe destroyers and cruisers? not to slow them down, but to give a better feel for the vastness of the atlantic and pacific. still give +1 movement for navel bases. how about if sub moves 2 spaces its considered surfaced and ASW could have +1. if sub moves only 1 space, its considered submerged and ASW is as stands. submerged subs could have marker put beneath them.
lnmajor
A&A.org Tank

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2010, 07:28:10 pm »

what do you make of these rules for BLOCKHOUSES.
blockhouse= large cal. fixed artillery cannon to protect against amphibius landings.
cost:10 ipc. takes 2 hits to destroy. when added to shore defense, subtract 1 from all landing force rolls.multipe blockhouses can be built to defend single shoreline but attacker rolls may never be reduced more than -1. paratroopers may dismantle blockhouses if dropped behind enemy lines at start of attack with successful roll. SB may target blockhouses but at half their attack values due to need for accurate hit needed. blockhouses roll premptive attack with 1d at 4, ( maybe 3, havent decided yet) every round of combat. blockhouses may choose to target amphibous assult forces on beach or may shoot at naval vessels and transports and can switch between ethier or each round of combat. a roll of 1 gives blockhouse choice of causilty. use blockhouse pieces from AnA D-day game. these would be different from the fortifcation pieces and could be used together. great piece for the atlantic wall? 
Imperious Leader
A&A.org Heavy Bomber

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2010, 07:44:54 pm »

I like the rules as they are because it is KISS.

Play test and you will see it. Its perfect. Nothing needs to be added.

Also, don't like changing ship speeds. it is not adding anything to the game to just invest all sorts of rules that don't add flavor. It bogs the game. These ideas are the upper limit of what should be done. The impression you get is a fixed and reconfigured AA50 based on what many have posted they wanted in the global AAG40.
lnmajor
A&A.org Tank

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2010, 07:37:35 am »

SHOT DOWN IN FLAMES!
wasnt trying to reshape your game. i cant wait to play it. ive been playing your deluxe world at war 39 to 45 tile system map for the last 2 years with the 12d system. i highly respect your opinion and wanted to bounce a few rules around to make a more interesting game. maybe i posted this in the wrong topic,my bad. yeah the 1 space movement on ships would not really work, but the sub idea could be the best way of simulating submerged subs in the game without actually removing the subs from the board and keeping track on paper,(which is to slow and confusing, i tried it many times). no matter what, my blockhouse rules kick ass. especially for the ATLANTIC WALL sinarios. please try them in test play one day. ive been following and incorperating your great ideas for years.
Imperious Leader
A&A.org Heavy Bomber

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2010, 09:43:44 am »

Yes that game of mine is really an old concept. It was created about 2000-01

Thanks for playing it. I can tell you this is the real deal. The best i can offer in terms of fun factor and something that might look like a production game but void of many historical inaccuracies you may find in AA.
lnmajor
A&A.org Tank

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2010, 01:43:02 pm »

i havent purchesed AAP40 yet. if i go with this new map and your rules, what else would i need to play this game? seems like if i go this way their really would not be a need to get AAP40 or the upcoming AAE40. seems like you fixed and steamlined everything before A.H. even has gottin around to AAE40. i have accumulated hundreds of peices over 28 yrs of play, especially after playing your deluxe 39 to 45 last couple of years.
lnmajor
A&A.org Tank

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2010, 02:08:30 pm »

by the way, still waiting for your take on my blockhouse rules. keeps u.s. and britain from walking right into france that easily. once german gets tangled up in russia, western france becomes very difficult to hold. a real well fortified atlantic wall is the only way germany can hold the allies off long enough to really damage russia.especialy with 2 sea zones between eastern us and britian. i know your take is to stop this thru sub convoy economic attacks.this gives germany another option incase those attacks dont work out the way germany expects. again im not trying to rewite your rulebook, i know how much you put into it. this rule might not work for what you got going for this particulair game, but the grin on your face when you let those blockhouses fire apon the us and brits as they try to grab a foothold is pricless.
Imperious Leader
A&A.org Heavy Bomber

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2010, 02:21:48 pm »

i haven't purchased AAP40 yet. if i go with this new map and your rules, what else would i need to play this game? seems like if i go this way their really would not be a need to get AAP40 or the upcoming AAE40. seems like you fixed and streamlined everything before A.H. even has gotten around to AAE40. i have accumulated hundreds of pieces over 28 yrs of play, especially after playing your deluxe 39 to 45 last couple of years.

You can use what you got. My suggestion was to get AAp40 because it included the tactical bombers and mech infantry.  You don't need a thing if you played one of my games.
Imperious Leader
A&A.org Heavy Bomber

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 09, 2010, 02:24:09 pm »

still waiting for your take on my blockhouse rules. keeps u.s. and britain from walking right into france that easily. once german gets tangled up in russia, western france becomes very difficult to hold. a real well fortified atlantic wall is the only way germany can hold the allies off long enough to really damage russia.especialy with 2 sea zones between eastern us and britian. i know your take is to stop this thru sub convoy economic attacks.this gives germany another option incase those attacks dont work out the way germany expects. again im not trying to rewite your rulebook, i know how much you put into it. this rule might not work for what you got going for this particulair game, but the grin on your face when you let those blockhouses fire apon the us and brits as they try to grab a foothold is pricless.

Are you talking about my game " deluxe ww2" or this new game concept... Global 1939?

All i can say is play the rules as they are and see how this idea works for you. If you feel after playing you got a better concept, then tell us about that.
Imperious Leader
A&A.org Heavy Bomber

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 09, 2010, 02:43:39 pm »

http://www.mediafire.com/?jye2wqnwdyn

new rules file.
lnmajor
A&A.org Tank

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2010, 02:52:53 pm »

got global 39 rules file , thank you
lnmajor
A&A.org Tank

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 09, 2010, 03:04:07 pm »

ive been using the blockhouse rule with your WW2 deluxe game. this rule is generic and probably could be used with any A+A game. still waiting for you to tell me what you think. i cant find any negatives with this one.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

2017 Support Drive

Read about this support drive.
Support Level
Forum Username
Note: payee will appear as Livid Labs, LLC.
Buy Axis & Allies
  • Axis & Allies 1942 [Amazon]
  • A&A Pacific 1940 [Amazon]
  • A&A Europe 1940 [FMG]
  • [eBay]
  • [eBay]
  • A&A D-Day [Amazon]
  • A&A Battle of the Bulge [Amazon]
  • [eBay]
  • [eBay]
  • WWII Themed Combat Dice [FMG]

Axis and Allies.org Official Gold Sponsor: Historical Board Gaming