• '22 '19 '18

Here is the strategy that I have employed as China and I have been victorious in both attempts.  C1 retake Yuannan thereby opening up Burma road and collecting 6 bonus then shift all forces to northern China.  By doing this it makes it so Japan can’t use their massive airforce to attack both China and India and they have to either divide it up or focus all on one.  Both of which help the allies.  Also by focus China in the northern sector it puts them closer to the big money territories and Forces Japan to defend them.

Does anybody else have another successful strategy that they have tried?

• I have a half and half one, i look like an idiot saying this too to be honest  :mrgreen:

Just plow forward on all fronts and die fighitng and get the british’s asses up to support you!  :evil:

• @Dylan:

Just plow forward on all fronts and die fighitng   :evil:

Are you Hitler ?

• @Razor:

@Dylan:

Just plow forward on all fronts and die fighitng  :evil:

Are you Hitler ?

I’m pretty sure Hitler could spell correctly.

• it’s in german, that’s why it looks that way…

• @cond1024:

Here is the strategy that I have employed as China and I have been victorious in both attempts.  C1 retake Yuannan thereby opening up Burma road and collecting 6 bonus then shift all forces to northern China.  By doing this it makes it so Japan can’t use their massive airforce to attack both China and India and they have to either divide it up or focus all on one.  Both of which help the allies.  Also by focus China in the northern sector it puts them closer to the big money territories and Forces Japan to defend them.

Does anybody else have another successful strategy that they have tried?

That has become the dominant china strategy in our games.  Despite japan only have a few land units there in T1, taking back Yunnan is a bit of a gamble though.  With unsupported infantry and the flying tigers, it still seems like a few bad dice rolls will put china in an awful position.  We have also gone north with china.  The threat of losing hong kong or manchuria usually becomes quite the headache for japan.  But in the end, china has only become a migraine for japan and are more frustrating than anything.

• Yea, our games see China take back Yunnan C1 (it normally can), then head north to take the Jap ground/air forces away from India. You don’t want to lead them to India, that’s for sure. Forcing Japan to choose or split-up seems to be the way to go. China will get its NO (6 ipc), but rarely do we see China/UK hold the Burma road allowing China to purchase art early in the game.

• How long will China last in your guys games.

• '22 '19 '18

In the three games I have played as the allies, China has survived the whole game (Japan DOW J2, J3, J3) using this strat.  In the one game I played as Japan, I wiped China out by J3 because my opponent did not use this strat and focused his entire force in southern china which I wiped out on J2 with just my airforce and some good rolls.  China lost 6 inf and 1 ftr and Japan lost nothing.

• sometimes I have the UK buy an AAgun on UK1 and send their original AA gun and a relief force to yunnan.
    An AA gun makes it a tough nut to crack “if” you are playing a slow enough Japanese player, who hasnt taken and held yunnan yet.

• Sending a UK AA gun to China is a good move if Jap strikes first (J1 or J2 attack), but I wouldn’t do it if Jap didn’t start war. If Japan doesn’t provoke war sending a UK AA gun to China (rd #2) will require a Dec of War by the UK on Japan, allowing Japan to fight only UK/Anz w/o bringing the US in (also won’t trigger US $40 bonus early). As UK or Anz you really don’t want to make the first move if Japan hasn’t attacked yet. Sit back and collect the extra income (NO’s/Dutch) and build your forces. I would move the UK AA gun up to Burma UK1, then if Japan strikes first (attacks UK, Anz, Dutch or US) try to get it to China.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m