What are the original Japanese territories and islands?

• What are the original Japanese territories and islands?

• Anything marked with a Rising Sun rather than the Nationalist Chinese symbol, at least in game terms.

In real life terms, its pretty similar. Almost everything that is marked with the Rising Sun was a Japanese possession, except the “Siam” space which represents the Siamese alliance with the Japanese.

• I mean what islands and territories on the map board are considered, “originally Japanese?” There is nothing marked w/a Rising sun on the map board besides the territories which have been taken by the Japanese but these aren’t “originally Japanese.” I would like to know if the following islands and territories are originally Japanese : Korea, Iwo Jima, Okinawa, Formosa, Hai, Pau, Marianas, Marshall Islands or Caroline Islands? I’m assuming Iwo Jima, Okinawa, Formosa are but what about Hai, Pau, Korea, Marianas, Marshall and Caroline?

• Any territory with the Japanese roundel (Rising Sun) printed on the map. Not territories that have had an occupation marker placed on them. Hope that clarifies things :-)

• Yes because luckily I have the actual boardgame map. But on the electronic map there is no Rising suns. So I guess, as the other poster put it, it’s everything that starts off in orange with the exception of Siam.

• Siam is original Japanese (it has a japanese simbol). Manchuria should be as well because historically it was from 1931, but that’s not the case in our game

• @Commando:

Yes because luckily I have the actual boardgame map. But on the electronic map there is no Rising suns. So I guess, as the other poster put it, it’s everything that starts off in orange with the exception of Siam.

Siam is in reference to real life, as in, not Axis and Allies. In game Siam is a Japanese space in every way. Anything that has the rising sun emblem printed on the board is originally Japanese.

• @Tralis:

Anything that has the rising sun emblem printed on the board is originally Japanese.

Or in the case of Abattlemap, any territory printed orange.

• @Funcioneta:

Siam is original Japanese (it has a japanese simbol). Manchuria should be as well because historically it was from 1931, but that’s not the case in our game

Yeah, but Manchuria is a Chinese place. Like the Soviets took it, but it’s not like okay this place is Japanese let’s keep it. They are just adding realism to the game. at least i think :|

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m