• hey IL can you make a map for global aa40 like you did with aa50?
    i love your aa50 map but the roundles and stuff are diffrent from pacific

• @cminke:

hey IL can you make a map for global aa40 like you did with aa50?
    i love your aa50 map but the roundles and stuff are diffrent form pacific

I think you should have sent him a personal message.

• That is already done. Won’t release till a few weeks after the game comes out.

• @Imperious:

That is already done. Won’t release till a few weeks after the game comes out.

That’s kinda lame, we won’t need it then  :?

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@WILD:

@Imperious:

Trust me, you will! ILs maps are not only BEAUTIFUL, but scalable. Most of us want bigger maps no matter how big they are OOB. I know I do! Maybe one day I can cover the whole floor of the game room…

• @Variable:

@WILD:

@Imperious:

Trust me, you will! ILs maps are not only BEAUTIFUL, but scalable. Most of us want bigger maps no matter how big they are OOB. I know I do! Maybe one day I can cover the whole floor of the game room…

Like life-sized chess?  Are you planning on having LARP-style life-sized Axis and Allies game days? :-P

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@SilverAngelSurfer:

@Variable:

@WILD:

@Imperious:

Like life-sized chess?  Are you planning on having LARP-style life-sized Axis and Allies game days? :-P

If only I could…  :wink:

• Wait……so someone has the map for AAE40 and AAG40 already???

• :cry:

• Scalable is probably not good. The map should be morphed so that areas are enlarged where the action will take place.

• You cant do that because it is supposed to be accurate to the OOB.

• @Imperious:

You cant do that because it is supposed to be accurate to the OOB.

So you are saying that the WOTC is an accurate scalable world map?

• @Brain:

@Imperious:

You cant do that because it is supposed to be accurate to the OOB.

So you are saying that the WOTC is an accurate scalable world map?

BD, I think you have a language disconnect here.

What they’re referring to as a “scalable” map means that it is vector based graphics, and can be enlarged or reduced without a loss of information (unlike Raster based graphics, which would be a simple scan of the existing game board).  It would be possible to print IL’s map at 6’x12’ and the linework would not be pixelated (however, all other nonvector graphics would be, such as the watermarked textures and logos which are raster based).  It does not mean that the distance from Moscow to Berlin is the same relative scale as the extents of the islands of Japan or the British Isles and reflect actual world scale.

• The map is scalable to any size, portions of the map cant be tweeked or re-sized because it would upset the sea zones and alter them map too much from OOB. The OOB is already a distorted version of specific land masses to facilitate the games needs.

• Yes thank you kcdzim and IL, I was incorrectly thinking of how the word “scalable” was being used.

• @Brain:

Yes thank you kcdzim and IL, I was incorrectly thinking of how the word “scalable” was being used.

It doesn’t mean you can climb it, BD. :-P

• @SilverAngelSurfer:

@Brain:

Yes thank you kcdzim and IL, I was incorrectly thinking of how the word “scalable” was being used.

On the contrary - you certainly can if you have a house rule for Gebirgsjagers! :-)

• just forget it.

• @SAS:

@Brain:

Nice!  :-D :-D

IL, have you done the P40 map?  There’s no link on your mediafire stuff that I found.

• No sorry the map will be global ( one piece). Not making separate files for each. It makes it harder to match up. When it is printed it can be cut, but i want the file to be whole at start so that others can have a choice to cut or not to cut. The best option is still the roll-up map stored in a mailing tube.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m