• Hi all,

Got AAP40 some weeks ago and enjoying it.  I plan to buy AAE40 when it comes out but I was wondering about the convoy system that will be used in AAE40.  If it is going to be the same as in P40? This mean germans subs will have to stay in coastal waters of canada, US and Britain to disrupt allied shipping?

If so, I’m afraid the germans subs will be very vulnerable to easy counterattacks from newly built naval and air units compared to disrupting convoys in the middle of a widened atlantic ocean, like in the old Europe version.

Is there any official info how the atlantic battle will be represented? Besides the 5 IPC NO if a german sub is operating  (is this NO confirmed?)

Many questions for a first post :)

Cheers!

• Hey, do you still got your old Europe edition ? Just cut the convoy prints out of the map, and glue them to the new map, and problem solved.

• I can see Wolfpacks becoming more prominent in A&A E40’, rather than just a few lone submarines racing through convoy boxes in the Atlantic.

• @Admiral:

I can see Wolfpacks becoming more prominent in A&A E40’, rather than just a few lone submarines racing through convoy boxes in the Atlantic.

Well at Harris Game Design forum, Larry said that US ships will be able to reach iceland in one turn, and then move to England the next turn.  He also said this island will start with an airbase.  So we can expect allied transport will transit via the sea zone adjacent to Iceland and they will keep some destroyers there and a bunch of aircraf for scrambling.  It would still represent a diversion of ressources… Also, with the US not starting at war, Germany migh be able to take control of that corridor for a while.

Convoy disruption will probably happen more  in the southern atlantic costal sea zones, to cut off IPCs from Africa and South America.

Cheers

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m