• Does anyone think that 7 IPC transport is expensive, especially for poor nations like ANZAC? It often takes a suicide run at New Guinea/DEI with a transport just to get 3 extra IPCs or a NO bonus and the bonus take a few turns to cover the loss. I don’t have data but how much more more expensive was it to build a tin can transport then the cost of manning and arming a sub with torpedoes? Even after building it, to make a transport dangerous you have to pay to fill it with units. Any thoughts?

I think with cheaper transports every player would be more willing to send them unguarded in all directions causing all sorts of trouble for either side.

• I think trannies are too cheap, they should cost 12.

• @cressman8064:

Does anyone think that 7 IPC transport is expensive, especially for poor nations like ANZAC? It often takes a suicide run at New Guinea/DEI with a transport just to get 3 extra IPCs or a NO bonus and the bonus take a few turns to cover the loss. I don’t have data but how much more more expensive was it to build a tin can transport then the cost of manning and arming a sub with torpedoes? Even after building it, to make a transport dangerous you have to pay to fill it with units. Any thoughts?

I think with cheaper transports every player would be more willing to send them unguarded in all directions causing all sorts of trouble for either side.

Cheaper or more expensive, you still have to send them everywhere to cause trouble to the other side (and the other side the same).

• Well if one thinks its to cheap, and the other says its to expensive then we probably have a well balanced unit here as far as cost :-D

• @WILD:

Well if one thinks its to cheap, and the other says its to expensive then we probably have a well balanced unit here as far as cost :-D

Who says Razor thinks they’re too cheap?  He only said they’re too cheap, and, knowing Razor, it was only because someone else said they’re too expensive. :-D

• Mabey their should be 2 transports.

1 costs 4, can travel 1 space (no port advantage) and can only take 1 or 2 infantry per round
    The other costs about 8-10, can take 2inf+1 other unit, defends at 1 and could mabey shore bombard at 1 or something.

• My thinking is that naval unit costs are very reflective of the units strength and abilities. Subs are so versatile @6IPC, Destroyers are awesome all around unit for 8IPC, there already enough talk about Cruisers cost…. even CV @16 can absorb 2 hits when needed and carry the most useful units of the game. I think that a 5 or 6 IPC transport would be reasonable for it “amazing” No Combat Value/Chosen Last abilities. Think at 5IPC ANZAC could buy 2 the first turn!

• '22 '19 '18

Transports are a much better value now than what they were in classic, when they cost 8 IPC and could only transport 1 tank or 2 inf.

• @cond1024:

Transports are a much better value now than what they were in classic, when they cost 8 IPC and could only transport 1 tank or 2 inf.

Yes but back in those days transports could absorb hits and defend @1 (I love how they work now BTW). I just think for a unit that can be so easily lost, and most nations (Japan/ANZAC/US) need them desperately, they should be cheaper, even just 6 IPC. Compared to the attack value to cost ratio all other units have trannies should be more like 5-6 IPC each.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m