Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania, or Finland for Europe Ya with me?

• I really think that in Europe Germany deserves another ally, I know in Pacific Japan were doing better then the Allies, but I still think those eastern allies were underestimated in the war like in Pacific allies get Australia New Zealand Army Corps, and they only got very few places, but in the real war they more just followed the US or Britain, but they were good enough to be in the game. Also in the 50A edition Italy were in a power. In World War II they claimed 2 countries. Ethiopia and Albania and that was before 1942 and 1940. Yes I know they tried to take Egypt, but the fact is they didn’t. Italy even surrendered leaving Germany to try to recapture Italy. Maybe you could even make one of them a power kind of like China. Anyways if you think I’m being stupid let me know or if you think i have a point let me know.

• '10

Maybe they will be AXIS leaning Neutrals?

• @Dylan:

I really think that in Europe Germany deserves another ally, I know in Pacific Japan were doing better then the Allies, but I still think those eastern allies were underestimated in the war like in Pacific allies get Australia New Zealand Army Corps, and they only got very few places, but in the real war they more just followed the US or Britain, but they were good enough to be in the game. Also in the 50A edition Italy were in a power. In World War II they claimed 2 countries. Ethiopia and Albania and that was before 1942 and 1940. Yes I know they tried to take Egypt, but the fact is they didn’t. Italy even surrendered leaving Germany to try to recapture Italy. Maybe you could even make one of them a power kind of like China. Anyways if you think I’m being stupid let me know or if you think i have a point let me know.

Which ally did you have in mind for Germany that would have a big enough income to have an impact in the game?

• i think that it would be awesome in future games for more historical rules and more individuality of powers. But I want none of this to happen until Canada gets autonomy. They deserve to be a power in the global game and definitely contributed as much worldwide as ANZAC did.

• @Brain:

Which ally did you have in mind for Germany that would have a big enough income to have an impact in the game?

Oh I forgot to re-read the subject line. Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania, or Finland would not have large enough economies to make an impact.

• Aha! But would Croatia, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Hungary, and Romania, together form an “Axis Support” power. Geographically it makes sense. You could also have Thailand and finland, and make a super “Axis support team”
    They could hold 11 IPC w/o finland or 14 with (just guessing)
    Either way, They could put up a fight (with heavy german support)

• @Croesus:

Aha! But would Croatia, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Hungary, and Romania, together form an “Axis Support” power. Geographically it makes sense. You could also have Thailand and finland, and make a super “Axis support team”

But they did not join forces together in the war as an individual force.

• @Croesus:

Aha! But would Croatia, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Hungary, and Romania, together form an “Axis Support” power.

Sorry. but that would just be stupid and corny.

• The germans saw themselves as superior to the others without a doubt and did seperate a little more
    but yes, it would be stupid an corny

• @Croesus:

Aha! But would Croatia, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Hungary, and Romania, together form an “Axis Support” power. Geographically it makes sense. You could also have Thailand and finland, and make a super “Axis support team”

I actually rather like this idea!

• Not a good idea. In Eastern Front, Germans put italian forces between Hungarians and Romanians to prevent they started fight themselves instead the soviets, go figure. Bulgarian didn’t entered in war iwth soviets until soviets invaded them, finnish were mostly fighting by themselves against the soviets, etc. No coherent pattern, you know

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Funcioneta:

Not a good idea. In Eastern Front, Germans put italian forces between Hungarians and Romanians to prevent they started fight themselves instead the soviets, go figure. Bulgarian didn’t entered in war iwth soviets until soviets invaded them, finnish were mostly fighting by themselves against the soviets, etc. No coherent pattern, you know

Then make a rule that says these “support powers” can’t leave their country.

• No more ACME walls, pretty please  :cry:

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@i:

maybe just give em the ablitiy to spawn one or two inf per turn. :wink:

Not a half bad idea!

• @Croesus:

@i:

maybe just give em the ablitiy to spawn one or two inf per turn. :wink:

Or perhaps for simplicity Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania, and Finland can get a certain number of infantry, and then when they join Germany in the game, the Germans get control of those infantry for free plus get the income from the territories themselves, and you don’t have to worry about all the rest of the complicated stuff like “heavy german support” or Germans getting an automatic shield against Russia with auto-spawn in the border territories…  Maybe something like the pro-axis neutral thing Larry Harris was talking about. :-P

• i like my idea they spawn 2 infantry per turn to a max of 12 in total for hungry romania and bulgaria and finland can get total of 6(cause there far away from the others) and if there TT is lost example one of the following is lost hungry romania or bulgaria they make 1 less inf if two of those are lost no inf are made and if all are lost you lose one per turn. finland, if allies capture finland then no troops are made or again-1 per turn if you perfur.

• I am with Larry on this one, the only Axis powers in Europe we need is Germany and Italy. An argument can be  made to add Vichy France if there was to be a third. Heck we could even do without Italy and just have Geramany.

• @i:

why BD dont like my house rule?

I think that 9 powers is enough already.

• Yeah but you are counting the little guys like anzac, china, and France.

• @idk_iam_swiss:

Yeah but you are counting the little guys like anzac, china, and France.

Exactly and we don’t need any “even smaller powers” added in.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m