Greece and Yugoslavia… National Objective?

• Does anyone else think that it will be likely for pro-allied Greece and pro-allied Yugoslavia to be a national objective for the Allies? Not only would it give Germany historical incentive to attack these places, but it would also give the allies a historical incentive to recapture them, with the allies in a mindset of "maintaining a foothold in Europe. In fact, it would be cool if it were an objective to both like U.K. and Russia, but only one could get it (U.K. if the U.S. or U.K. controls them and Russia if Russia controls them). This would simulate pre-Cold War conditions, with control of the Balkan peninsula being important to both sides. Thoughts?

• I don’t know how likely it would be for such a rule to be included, but it would certainly be interesting.  If nothing else, it would make a compelling house rule.  Create some political tension, plus an incentive for the US and UK to want to go into the Mediterranean (something I’ve rarely seen, from Europe to Revised to AAA50).  I like the sound of it.  :-D

• won’t the UK start with troops in Greece, Yugoslavia and Crete.
    In the reel war they did have troops in both of those till the Germans invaded

• The troops the UK had in country werent of a measurable ammount by A&A standards. The Greek and Yugoslav armies dwarfed the what were basicly “observers”.

Id like to see control of Yuogoslavia and Greece as an Italian Objective. Because that was what they wanted. Those two countreis shouldnt fall like dominoes however. It should take at least two turns to take them both, in my opinion.

• @oztea:

Id like to see control of Yuogoslavia and Greece as an Italian Objective. Because that was what they wanted. Those two countreis shouldnt fall like dominoes however. It should take at least two turns to take them both, in my opinion.

Wouldn’t that be dependent on how much of an effort Italy placed on that area?

• Well id like to see Italy only able to take one at the start of the game, because taking both would be risky becuase they might not win both battles. And if they dont win either, the remaining units become those of an allied power….and then get to act before italy gets a chance to attack again.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m