• Hi!
    Looking at the very first pictures of AA40P which squirecam took
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=15181.0
    (or at the back of Pacific board), we can see that between the border of China and USSR is another territory. The color of this territory is not red (so it is not russian) it looks more like yellow, so I assume that this should be impassable Tibetan Plateau.
    What do you think?
    This means that even when Japan conquers all China Russia will have to just control two territories (Timguska and another one) at the border to protect from Japanese invasion from China.
    Also when you look carefully at the back of Pacific board or at these pictures you can see that western part of India will be pro allies-neutral territory.

• Uhhh… the game has already come out… you should do more research. There are too many things wrong with your post for me to go over them all.

• @bennyboyg:

Uhhh… the game has already come out… you should do more research. There are too many things wrong with your post for me to go over them all.

I figure he is talking about the upcoming Europe map. In that case IL will move this to the proper forum.

Hi tomekhello man.
    You know what I think that yellow territory is ? The northern tip of pro-Allied neutral Baluchistan, or Pakistan as we call it today. Very interesting indeed. When I turn around my Pacific map there are signs that indicate this theory. Only 4 more weeks until Smorey will post the Europe map at this very A&A.org forum and we all will be enlightened. Halleluja.

• @Razor:

@bennyboyg:

Uhhh… the game has already come out… you should do more research. There are too many things wrong with your post for me to go over them all.

I figure he is talking about the upcoming Europe map. In that case IL will move this to the proper forum.

Considering he said AA40P, and posted to a thread showing pics of AA40P, it’s unlikely.

Anyway, first off, Russia is not playable in Pacific, only when it’s combined with Europe. Second, that’s Mongolia, and it’s passable if you fight in it.

• I mean on the Europ map will be new territory at the border of China and USSR, and it is based on the pictures of Pacific map (on the very left you can see borders and a little territory which is yellow).
    That is why I posted it in Europe thread, but it was moved here.

Razor - you mean what I`m talkig about, and I think that you are right, it will be Baluchistan - pro allies neutral (because you can see that the color of it is the same as the color of western India).

• Sorry, I tried to post a picture which will show you what I mean, I don`t know how to do that?
    How can I post a picture?

• Good call, I never even realized there was anything on the back of the board.
    I haven’t felt the need to rip up my gameboard for the extra half-inch of space under the black cover, but if someone does, let us know! lol

• @tomekhello:

Hi!
    (or at the back of Pacific board), we can see that between the border of China and USSR is another territory. The color of this territory is not red (so it is not russian) it looks more like yellow, so I assume that this should be impassable Tibetan Plateau.
    What do you think?
    This means that even when Japan conquers all China Russia will have to just control two territories (Timguska and another one) at the border to protect from Japanese invasion from China.
    Also when you look carefully at the back of Pacific board or at these pictures you can see that western part of India will be pro allies-neutral territory.

Are you saying that the gamebaord is different than squirecam’s picture?            LIV

• I didn`t have to rip a centimeter or two of this black cover at the back of board to see that, all of you can see that without doing that.
    When you look carefully on the pictures which were taken by squirecam you can see very thin red lines which indicate were the boards are going to be folded. So when you look closely at the second picture on the left you will be able to see red line and behind it some yellow colored territory (probably Baluchistan) and also that the territory of western India will be pro allies neutral (assumption based on yellow color simmilar to Baluchistan).

• Here is the picture of it, with my notes.

• Krieghund am I right?  :-)
    Will it be Baluchistan which will be pro allies neutral?
    And also can you say what will be the name of western part of India?

I think that it is really smart because in global game when almost all China will be coquered by Japan, Russia will have to just keep an eye on two territories at the border (Timguska and another one) to prevent Japan expansion.

• Official Q&A

I wouldn’t put too much stock in anything that appears beyond the fold lines on the edge of the map.  The Europe map was still under development when the Pacific map was finalized, so it may have changed.  The western part of India is called “West India”.

• Thanks Krieghund for answer,
    I am really curious how the map of Europe will look like as most of the people here :-)

• TripleA

@tomekhello:

Hi!
    What do you think?

when i first read your post i thought you were crazy and confused. but after your follow up post and pictures i see that you were very perceptive. good catch tomekhello

• I discussed this with larry way back when. I cant remember all the details, but…

1 - West India is allied as already mentioned.

2 - The “boards” were/are supposed to link up so that it is one seemless gameboard.

3 - That said, the stuff on the euro board in that area would have been all russian.

Larry mentioned neutral countries, turkey/persia for example, but I doubt he went that detailed and made Baluchistan…

My recollection was “all USSR”, except for middle east stuff. He mentioned Iraq/Iran but of course those might be Persia…and of couse the map changes over time could have altered that too.

• when i first read your post i thought you were crazy and confused. but after your follow up post and pictures i see that you were very perceptive. good catch tomekhello

I understand that now, that board for Euro game could have been changed because it was still developed that time, but I think that there must be some easy way for Russia of stoping Japanese invasion from China, because all we can see now is that China is not going to last for a long time, and the last defence is usually Burma road. So I hope there won`t be any old strategy: all Japanese tanks heading to Moscow.

What I can also say about Global game is that (based on my experience):
    *Russia could help China and send them some infantry.
    *Japan will not be able to leave Manchuria and Korea unprotected, like now, because Russia could attack these territories.
    *British fleet will not be traped at the edge of the map, and just wait for destruction from Japanese fleet, but can go  west, closer to Africa, and wait for better moments to try and grab Dutch East Indies.

For me the last one is very annoing, when I built nice British fleet, Japanese fleet comes and just very easy destroys it, because British cannot escape.

• Good job of showing what you were talking about tomekhello. You still might be crazy and confused though.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m