• What does everyone think the turn order will/should be for the “ultimate” game?

I was thinking 1) Russia 2) Germany 3) France/Holland 4) Japan 5) UK/Canada/India 6) Italy 7) ANZAC 8) USA

• the only thing thats is for sure, is that france will come after germany. the maginot-line will not hold this time either.

• The turn order for the global game is official, Larry gave it to us in his forum. I guess it was something like this: Germany, Russia, Japan, UK, Italy, China, Anzac, USA, France. At least it was the same as the anniversery edt, but with Anzac and France in there, and China with it’s own turn. I’m not 100% on the order between Anzac, USA, France, but they are last.

Edit: I found the correct list from Larry himself, I had some mistakes:

1. Germany
    2. Soviet Union
    3. Japan
    4. United Kingdom
    5. ANZAC
    6. Italy
    7. United States
    8. China
    and 9. France.

• LOL I love how it took my #8 and made it a smilie.

• And I forgot about China, thanks for the update.

• @robbie358:

And I forgot about China, thanks for the update.

You’re welcome. Here is the link to the thread: http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2101

• thank the lord that russia doesnt move first…thats never fun

• @Andy_Dandy:

The turn order for the global game is official, Larry gave it to us in his forum. I guess it was something like this: Germany, Russia, Japan, UK, Italy, China, Anzac, USA, France. At least it was the same as the anniversery edt, but with Anzac and France in there, and China with it’s own turn. I’m not 100% on the order between Anzac, USA, France, but they are last.

1. Germany
    2. Soviet Union
    3. Japan
    4. United Kingdom
    5. ANZAC
    6. Italy
    7. United States
    8. China
    and 9. France.

Hi everyone, first time poster, long time reader. I’d like to jump in and share my thoughts on how the turn order should be.

First I’m glad Germany will start the show, with that said I think its not a good move to have China go after Japan for the simple reason that Japan could never steamrolled China during WWII. I say let China play before Japan to let them mobilize a few more infantry units before Japan moves in. Much more accurate and much more fun for the Chinese player.

Here is what I’d like the turn order to be:

1. Germany (Axis)
    2. Soviet Union (Allied)
    3. China (Allied)

4. Japan (Axis)
    5. United Kingdom (Allied)
    6. ANZAC (Allied)

7. Italy (Axis)
    8. United States (Allies)
    9. France (Allied)

1 Axis followed by 2 Allies, simple and fun for everyone…

BTW, this site is awesome!

• '10

i agree and welcome!

• 1. Germany
    2. Russia
    3. Italy
    4. UK
    5. France
    6. Japan
    7. ANZAC
    8. China
    9. USA

• @Dargoon:

@Andy_Dandy:

The turn order for the global game is official, Larry gave it to us in his forum. I guess it was something like this: Germany, Russia, Japan, UK, Italy, China, Anzac, USA, France. At least it was the same as the anniversery edt, but with Anzac and France in there, and China with it’s own turn. I’m not 100% on the order between Anzac, USA, France, but they are last.

1. Germany
    2. Soviet Union
    3. Japan
    4. United Kingdom
    5. ANZAC
    6. Italy
    7. United States
    8. China
    and 9. France.

Hi everyone, first time poster, long time reader. I’d like to jump in and share my thoughts on how the turn order should be.

First I’m glad Germany will start the show, with that said I think its not a good move to have China go after Japan for the simple reason that Japan could never steamrolled China during WWII. I say let China play before Japan to let them mobilize a few more infantry units before Japan moves in. Much more accurate and much more fun for the Chinese player.

Here is what I’d like the turn order to be:

1. Germany (Axis)
    2. Soviet Union (Allied)
    3. China (Allied)

4. Japan (Axis)
    5. United Kingdom (Allied)
    6. ANZAC (Allied)

7. Italy (Axis)
    8. United States (Allies)
    9. France (Allied)

1 Axis followed by 2 Allies, simple and fun for everyone…

Its a little late for that, Harris has made his final decisions.

• @johnnymarr:

i agree and welcome!

Thank you for the welcome Johnny.

Brain Damaged, I’m curious, why do you want Italy to play next to the Soviet Union? Is it because you would prefer to see Italy take a shot at Africa before the UK has a chance to prepare?

Tralis, I don’t think its too late, I mean Europe 40 is not out yet and the rules for the global game have probably not been printed yet either. But if it is, there are always house rules. I just find it weird that Japan can just take out China without much of a fight. Japan has tons of aircrafts to support their infantry and China starts with no AA Guns…

• Hi all!  So when does Holland go in your game?  Or will they not have pieces at all?

• I remember hearing that the game starts late enough in 1940 that there is UPN, that the low countries have all been invaded. But we’ll see soon enough I suppose. I really don’t think the Dutch will have their own pieces, though, if anything they’ll use another power’s pieces.

As for AAP40, I’ve seen plenty of games where China does fine. Its all on what Japan focuses on. Last game I played, yesterday actually, Japan took Australia very early but as a result China pushed them back to the coast in some areas. Of course once Australia was gone Japan started to dedicate more resources to China, which got pushed back, but China is supposed to be a purely defensive power.

• Sounds like a fun game!

• @Dargoon:

Brain Damaged, I’m curious, why do you want Italy to play next to the Soviet Union? Is it because you would prefer to see Italy take a shot at Africa before the UK has a chance to prepare?

I think of Italy as the attacker and UK as the defender so that is why I chose Italy before UK.

• Figuring out the turn order for Europe '40 game should be next on our list of things to do…

Extrapolating from the Global '40 game, the most likely line-up for the Europe theatre is:

1. Germany
    2. USSR
    3. UK & Canada
    4. Italy
    5. US
    6. France

Any thoughts as to how this will play out?

• @Make_It_Round:

Figuring out the turn order for Europe '40 game should be next on our list of things to do…

Extrapolating from the Global '40 game, the most likely line-up for the Europe theatre is:

1. Germany
    2. USSR
    3. UK & Canada
    4. Italy
    5. US
    6. France

That seems reasonable, considering the global turn order. But we can’t know for sure. Global did tweak Pacific’s turn order.

• @Make_It_Round:

Figuring out the turn order for Europe '40 game should be next on our list of things to do…

1. Germany
    2. USSR
    3. UK & Canada
    4. Italy
    5. US
    6. France

I don’t think the french should go last after all they did move intto Germany for like a month before the Germans invaded

• Put italy last.
      Germany
      France
      UK
      US
      Italy
      Russia

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m