• Does any one know if there will be a Vichy rule
    Something like when the axis take Paris the Germans will get some free infantry or control of the French African colonies :?

• I believe Larry said he wasn’t going to deal with Vichy rule of changing alliances. He will most likely just leave those French colonies that were Vichy (neutral or leaning axis) very weekly protected, or no units at all like in the Pacific side. The axis will be able to capture them rather easily, unless the allies have a chance to move in before hand to def them. The fact that in AA40P Japan (axis) can just walk in during its combat move phase and take ownership w/o a fight should carry over into the Europe side for certain French tt. I would think there will be some French units in Africa and the Middle East, but they will stay French and fight on the allies side I would think.

• Here I go again. There needs to be a Vichy rule.

• What is a “Vichy Calibrators”?

Do they measure the borders of Vichy territory to make sure they within standards?

• @Imperious:

What is a “Vichy Calibrators”?

Do they measure the borders of Vichy territory to make sure they within standards?

I was sure I read it on wikipedia somewhere but I checked in google and my form was the first thing that came up
    I changed it

• @Brain:

Here I go again. There needs to be a Vichy rule.

I know
    Any ideas on how one might work

• I orig thought a Vichy rule would be cool. Then the rule book came out with all the political rules, then the Errata changed some of those, and it gets a little confusing (although it is better). We still don’t know all the political rules involving the neutrals (pro this or that). I don’t think I would support even more political rules. If the game allows the axis to take over certain tt (like FIC) that collaborated w/axis or leaves them weakly def then that’s good enough for me. I’m getting tired of extra rules, and finding out latter you’ve been playing wrong. I know its a process, and I’m glad we are a part of it. I just hope its all straighten out by spring and Europe has no (or fewer) bugs, and its an easy transition into the Global game. :-D

• how one might work?

Roll a die, and measure the number of territories from the paris territory. French units in those territories immidatly convert to german at the end of the first german turn when paris has been captured. So a roll of a 1 would see Brittany and Vichy surrender. A roll of a 2 would give germany the French atlantic and Mediteranin fleets. A roll of a 3 would give them corsica, a 4 would give them morocco and algeria, a 5 would give them nothing extra, and a 6 would convert syria.

Historicaly, germany rolled a “4 or 5” on this roll.

French land units in a territory that also contains MORE other allied units than french do not covert, french naval units automaticly scuttle if MORE allied naval units are in the same sea zone.

• actualy I just spawend a simpler vichy rule….

Germany can spend the french IPCs it captures during THAT place units phase, in or adjacent to any french terrirory on the europe board, even if it contains french units. Resolve combat as normal in the french turn.

• @oztea:

actualy I just spawend a simpler vichy rule….

Germany can spend the french IPCs it captures during THAT place units phase, in or adjacent to any french terrirory on the europe board, even if it contains french units. Resolve combat as normal in the french turn.

That idea has possibilities.

• Possibilities of getting a German transport into the med, or placing german units into morocco, algeria, corsica etc and taking control of them instantly.

• Customizer

If France surrenders (i.e. by my rules when it loses all its ICs) then all surviving French units are Vichy UNLESS they are accompanied by a greater number of Allied units, in which case they become Free French, controlled by the “French” player.  Thereafter the Allies can convert VF units to FF by simply moving in a greater number of Allied units, in which case VF defect without a fight; or, if not greater in numbers, then after any subsequent combat round in which the Allies have the said numerical advantage.

The same system should apply to ALL nations. If you see one of your allies on the verge of capitulating, then send in enough units to keep their troops loyal; e.g. Germany reinforcing northern Italy after the Sicily landings, or finally occupying Vichy France after Operation Torch:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Case_Anton

The same thing, therefore, applies in reverse; i.e. Vichy France is regarded as a German/Italian ally in this case.

• Yep more political rules, glad its not going to happen, just makes my head hurt.

• Customizer

You can’t have Vichy rules without politics.

I think my idea is very simple: units of a defeated France will always surrender to a larger force.  This is pretty much what they did…

• I agree. I’m all for a more realistic game. The more realistic, the more fun. The only condition is a good rulebook to explain the rules leaving the reader in no doubt what the rules are.

• You know I think I like Flashman’s idea better for Vichy France.

• '10

I know Vichy is messy and complicated but it WAS messy and complicated!

French units should turn into AXIS leaning Neutrals.  Vichy never declared was on Britain or US but worked with the Germans, in fact the Laval cabinet was very PRO-AXIS and ANTI-BRITISH.

Any French units in territories with other ALLIED units should remain FREE FRENCH when France falls?

I know this is a complicated issue but it would be impossible to water-down or streamline it. I think it is one of the most fascinating and complex issues of WW2.

I would like to see a decent HOUSE RULE if it is not included in the Global game.

• Yes, I agree with FMG, I hope Larry changes his mind on this one before it’s too late, if it’s not too late already.

• its too late, and i have been thinking about this.

The only french units on the board will likeley be in Brittany, Vichy, and Central France

The central france stack “might” be big enough that germany has to attack it Round 2. And a G1 and It1 attack on Brittany and Vichy respectively is the propper move.

The only other french units will be, is suspect, a weak mediteranian fleet, that Italy decimates, an infantry in morocco, but not algeria, and 1 inf in Tunisia. And 1 inf in Syria

The only 100% ahistorical thing that is going to happen is, the french atlantic fleet is going to be big, and survive.

There wont “be” any french inits to even turn vichy when paris falls, except for the one in morocco and one in syria.

I guess the point is moot from larrys perspective.

• @oztea:

its too late, and i have been thinking about this.

The only french units on the board will likeley be in Brittany, Vichy, and Central France

The central france stack “might” be big enough that germany has to attack it Round 2. And a G1 and It1 attack on Brittany and Vichy respectively is the propper move.

The only other french units will be, is suspect, a weak mediteranian fleet, that Italy decimates, an infantry in morocco, but not algeria, and 1 inf in Tunisia. And 1 inf in Syria

The only 100% ahistorical thing that is going to happen is, the french atlantic fleet is going to be big, and survive.

There wont “be” any french inits to even turn vichy when paris falls, except for the one in morocco and one in syria.

I guess the point is moot from larrys perspective.

What about French Indonesia?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m