• I’m getting back into A&A after taking a few years off, and I’ve had fun with the computer game (despite the bugs). The biggest problem I’m having though is my complete inability to save a game. I’ve tried countless combinations of long and short filenames, but I always get a message stating “Unable to save to file x”, x being the filename I selected.

I’ve tried re-installing it without any luck. Has anyone run into this problem?

As if that wasn’t enough, when I try to install the 1.33 patch, I get a message stating that I need to have A&A installed on my computer for the patch to work. Moving the patch into my A&A directory hasn’t helped. Is there any other way I can get the patch to detect my A&A directory manually?

Thanks for the help, gang! The strategies on this site have helped me a lot……well, at least for the first 3 rounds, which is the farthest I’ve been able to get through, thanks to this damn bug. :-?

-Gioman

• i havent had trouble saving :lol: but depending on what side im playing i put either axis or allies and then a number to differenciate games so my filenames look like axis3

• Saving a game is very hard to do. It is probably better just to use the game’s built in auto-save function then to do it manually

• Save it manually? LOL Yes, that’d be a bit tedious.

Unfortunately, I’m still stuck with the same problem, and re-installing the game hasn’t helped any. Does the A&A folder have a seperate sub-folder for saved games?

-Gioman

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m