November 26, 2014, 05:31:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Do you live near Cincinnati? Join us this weekend for A&A Spring Gathering XI on April 5-6, 2013. Search me
  Articles  
   Home   Help Login Register AACalc  
Pages: « 1 2
  Print  
Author Topic: barring favorable rolls how can the axis win?  (Read 667 times)
TG Moses VI
A&A.org Heavy Bomber

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2002, 01:51:43 pm »

Yeah, just don't get Cocky!   Cool

Even with the Navy destroyed, the Allies can rebuild it with relative ease, by the end of T2 they should be up past full strength (the miracles of a good economy).  Donít do anything unreliable like trying to take Karelia or attacking every possible territory on J1 (believe me, Iíve seen this happen before) itíll lead to your downfall and further prove the Axis advantage is in the mid-game.  But Africa and East Russia is a sure must, even with one transport the Germans can have up to 8 inf, 1 ARM, and whatever Luftwaffe you chose at the end of G2 (looks like I really didnít need that 2nd transport after all!), making it more than a match for any US Operation Torch (ďcombinedĒ UK invasion is pointless).
DarthMaximus
A&A.org Heavy Bomber

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2002, 04:49:48 pm »

Here is the key to Axis victory South Park style:

Phase 1: Set up board
Phase 2: Huh
Phase 3: Axis Win!!!
EmuGod
A&A.org Submarine

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2002, 09:51:42 am »

Just think of a bunch of ways to counter allied strategies. So whenever they make a move, you try to counter it.
TG Moses VI
A&A.org Heavy Bomber

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2002, 03:04:46 pm »

The problem is that the strategies of the Axis revolve on a action-based game, not reactive.  You can reactive play with Germany (ie countering the Russian stack, defending WE), but with Japan it's a deathtrap.
fixitman
A&A.org Infantry

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2002, 12:07:22 pm »

if im playing japan, i often force the americans to come play with me. i take any non-essential forces (usually have some troops and transports to play with by j5 or 6) and go play in alaska or hawaii. ive even gone over and taken brazil (that was a wierd game, had a ��� IC in brazil). your goal is not to actually keep anything, just threaten america. anything america sends at japan is stuff not being sent at the germans. and like mentioned earlier, have the J help G in africa. G takes something, J reinforces it.
 alot of folks dont have the axis powers helping eachother out much, each keeping to its own areas, but i think thats kinda weak. when playing the axis by myself, or with a certain good friend of mine, we usually wind up both powers in africa, and both in asia. this allows having reactive forces available, especially when it comes to pounding the poor brits.
TG Moses VI
A&A.org Heavy Bomber

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2002, 01:30:57 pm »

Yeah, I would suggest taking Hawaii, Alaska, and maybe even WUSA (i've seen this happen).  Disruption tactics are a must when dealing with USA in order to help in a Germans.  What you want to do is frighten the USA in at least keeping a garrison in their home country.  This gives Germans more time to prepare for a possible WE invasion.  If USA doesn't fall for the bait, then congrats, you now have a steady source of income.  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

2014 Support Drive
Support Level
Forum Username
Note: payee will appear as Livid Labs, LLC.
Buy Axis & Allies
  • Axis & Allies 1942 [Amazon]
  • A&A Pacific 1940 [Amazon]
  • A&A Europe 1940 [FMG]
  • [eBay]
  • [eBay]
  • A&A D-Day [Amazon]
  • A&A Battle of the Bulge [Amazon]
  • [eBay]
  • [eBay]
  • WWII Themed Combat Dice [FMG]

Axis and Allies.org Official Gold Sponsor: Field Marshal Games