• Hey, I’m in a game right now with 2 friends, and I’m playing the allies. I’m not doin too good, because I can’t bring the US into the war!

The Japan player had excellent luck at Pearl Harbour, and he’s used his ships to blockade me in western US. The German player, on the other side, has used submarines and is blocking my in eastern US! And I CANNOT sink these ships, it’s the strangest thing I’ve ever seen. (unbelieveably bad luck with planes vs their boats)….so what should I do? Build another IC? Where?

• :lol:

• I’d stick with Wild’s plan. Just wait for Britain to build a Navy to clear out the Nazi menace. Or if you can’t wait that long, the 3 UK planes (2 ftrs, 1 bomb) should be more than enough. If all else fails, Brazil! Let’s see if our South American friends can help us win this war!

• Keep trying, your bad luck will end sometime!

• Oh Chris, did you every finish up that game? I’m interested if USA pulled an upset and ending up winning. The notion of a German-Japanese Blockade on American shores seems plain weird to me, not to mention successful early on. The only countries I feel that can be blockaded are Britain and Japan due to the lack of adjacent sea zones, and even then these are still highly unlikely to last for long.

• Heh heh yeah that’s what I thought! (a german-japanese blockade being weird) but it’s doing good because I’ve had the worst luck trying to destroy it. (we’re playing the game over the internet, so it does go kinda slow sometimes), so we haven’t finished yet. I flew over british planes, they’re in canada now, and I think i’ll try that Brazilian IC.

• “No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country; he won it by making the other poor dumb Bastard die for his country.”

• Gen. George S. Patton

• On the topic of sigs… TG - I noticed the end of yours is mispelled:

“…crate that truly…”

:wink:

Who is that quote from, by the way? I’ve never heard it, I just knew that crates=WW1 planes…

[ This Message was edited by: Ansbach on 2002-05-24 07:29 ]

• Ansbach, thanks for the sig correction. :grin:

And Ansbach, being any World War I & II buff, I was pretty sure you would get this one. It was said by the Red Baron, the greatest fighter pilot of World War I at over 80 kills.

Ok, let’s see if you can guess which World War II Fighter Pilot this was:

"Once committed to an attack, fly in at full speed. After scoring crippling or disabling hits, I would clear myself and then repeat the process. I never pursued the enemy once they had eluded me. Better to break off and set up again for a new assault. I always began my attacks from full strength, if possible, my ideal flying height being 22,000 ft because at that altitude I could best utilize the performance of my aircraft. Combat flying is based on the slashing attack and rough maneuvering. In combat flying, fancy precision aerobatic work is really not of much use. Instead, it is the rough maneuver which succeeds. "

• …LOL, yeah thanks Ansbach.

• Guess I should have guessed the Red Baron first, eh?

TG, I moved this thread to the Gen Dis board since it’s off topic.

[ This Message was edited by: Ansbach on 2002-05-26 10:19 ]

• Chris - yeah, Patton is probably the best source of kick-a$$ quotes there is! He ruled!

• Well, what would expect from the greatest and most profane American General since Robert E. Lee? It’s only elementary. :smile:

• Hey cool, you and I are tied for posts, Ansbach. I’m afraid I’ll have to take the lead here however. :smile:

Heh heh just had to point that out…

• Well, I myself am trying to catch up with Yanny. Still, it’s quite difficult since he maintains a 100+ post lead on me. But if the good graces are with me, maybe I can pull a Patton and beat him to 1000. :smile:

“Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be.” - Aldolf Galland
    “The crate? The crate matters not. It is the man who pilots the crate that truely counts.” - R

[ This Message was edited by: TG Moses VI on 2002-05-26 12:44 ]

• Never…

• Ha… if not then to 1500. :smile: Happy hunting. (AKA “May the force be with you”)

• I gota figure out how to delete some of your post count :smile:

• Not bad for someone who’s been here for less than 5 months, eh? :grin:

• Why don’t you leave for a month again! :smile:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m