• Hey, I’m kinda new to Axis and Allies, but I LOVE the game. The only person around here who plays axis and allies is my brother, and that’s alright, but he’s not ALWAYS up for a game…I’ve read a few posts about playing axis and allies by yourself. It sounds cool, but I don’t really see how it can work. When I play against another person then of course I have strategies in mind…if i’m playing by myself, then obviously i am already AWARE of these strategies, and can counter them accordingly. Someone just fill me in on how your games played by yourself go! Thanks!

• To me, this sounds just a bit too much like mental masturbation.

• Heh heh yeah i kinda thought it sounded wrong when i was typin it

• ive played a lot of games by myself too, it can be quite interesting if you make sure that planes, tanks and ships are moved into territories from which they can attack multiple countries. In that way counter attacks are harder, as you can choose between several options in the turn itelf. It also benefits your game against other people, if your main strategy gets countered, you allways have a plan B.

• It also helps if you develope a case of multiple personalities.
    Or, hire a hooker to play with you…either or can be fun.

• I tend to come up with some pretty different stratagies so playing agianst myself is how I figure out how to counter a new one, thereby improving it. I also tend to play where my enemy (in relation to the strat) is doing worst case scenario moves against that individual country. This can create some pretty impressive strats if you keep your objective in mind at all times.

• I play myself when I have nothing better to do. Makes for some pretty interesting games. Especially when I fooled myself and was able to invade East US :smile:

• I can’t see myself playing out a whole game…but a few turns to “test” out a situation is probably all I would do.

• Yeah, right on, thanks a lot.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m