Kamikazes for Japan, what for Germany???

• Japan gets Kamikazes will Germany get some kind of Blitzkreig

• I doubt it because of mech inf but I really don’t know.

• Well the original Europe board gave Germany better tank defence which everyone has now and 1 sub free each turn.  Would not be surprised with the free sub a turn thing in this new board.

• Free sub? Better tanks?

Those were probably house rules?

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Tavenier:

Free sub? Better tanks?

Yes, I don’t recall these either. I know in D-Day the German tanks were better on defense than the Allied ones, but that’s the only OOB example I can remember.

• @Tavenier:

Free sub? Better tanks?

I don’t remember those rules either. Where did those rules come from?

• Germany (and, in fact, all other powers) will NOT have a ‘special’ national ability. Larry Harris already confirmed this on his site.

• Well that finishes that

• Nothing is ever finished around here just because Larry said something. We are still talking about Canada as a power and US having a split income.

• I’m hoping for a Hitler Youth rule, where after 8 turns all German infantry attack and defend on a one!

• Customizer

Germany had worse tanks than the Russians.

I like Idealogical Warfare: Whenever Germany captures a land territory from the USSR it gains one free infantry there to represent local anti-communists (Germany had about 1 million such recruits).

• @Gwlachmai:

I’m hoping for a Hitler Youth rule, where after 8 turns all German infantry attack and defend on a one!

that would be stupid no affense, and isnt kamikazies helpful??(dont own the game but i think it would help japan right?)
    so hittler youth would make it harder for germany to win, by alot!!

• I can hope for whatever rules I want!

• Taking that “Hitler Youth” thing a step further, what would really be awesome (in some future game, obviously not in aa40) would be a kind of “population limit thing” where the total amount of units you could have in play at a time would be limited based on the territories you had, or something like that. Thoughts? Does anyone think that the game will ever evolve to be that advanced?

• Doubt it. You may want to try Third Riech if you want a more in depth game.

• Along these lines, I’ve always thought the game could benefit from a ‘Conscript’ rule. Conscripts are units that cost 2 IPCs each and can be placed on any territory a power controls, in numbers up to the value of that territory. This would represent the ability of nations to draft large masses of poorly-trained soldiers whose main function was to serve as rearguards and cannon fodder.

Cost: 2
    Attack: 0 (increases to 1 if paired with Artillery)
    Defence: 1
    Move: 0 (increases to 1 if paired with non-Conscript land unit)

So, for example, the UK could pay 4 IPCs to drop 2 Conscripts in Egypt at the end of the turn, to help hold the territory.

Conscripts are just buffer units whose main ability is to take a hit for a more expensive unit; the only real advantage in buying them is their flexibility in placement. (If you have older editions of A&A you can use different colours of Infantry to represent Conscripts: brown for the USSR, grey for Germany, mint green for UK, yellow for Japan.)

• @Make_It_Round:

Along these lines, I’ve always thought the game could benefit from a ‘Conscript’ rule. Conscripts are units that cost 2 IPCs each and can be placed on any territory a power controls, in numbers up to the value of that territory. This would represent the ability of nations to draft large masses of poorly-trained soldiers whose main function was to serve as rearguards and cannon fodder.

Cost: 2
    Attack: 0 (increases to 1 if paired with Artillery)
    Defence: 1
    Move: 0 (increases to 1 if paired with non-Conscript land unit)

So, for example, the UK could pay 4 IPCs to drop 2 Conscripts in Egypt at the end of the turn, to help hold the territory.

Conscripts are just buffer units whose main ability is to take a hit for a more expensive unit; the only real advantage in buying them is their flexibility in placement. (If you have older editions of A&A you can use different colours of Infantry to represent Conscripts: brown for the USSR, grey for Germany, mint green for UK, yellow for Japan.)

i like that idea, but the draw back it would be hard to keep track of which unit is the conscript

• I think Germany should get a free industrial complex for every territory they take to reflect the new slave labor gained.

• Lol they didnt actually do that. Most joined willingly

• @idk_iam_swiss:

Lol they didnt actually do that. Most joined willingly

When you say willingly, you mean they took that other than the other choice of death.

So I guess all the Jews willingly went to the concentration camps.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m