National Advantages for AAA50th

• Customizer

The following have worked well with our AA50th games when using NO’s (and tech. if desired), with them you don’t really need a bid - though I imagine it’s arguable. They have a tendency to prolong games (in a good way). Some of these you’ll recognize - but they’ve been altered slightly, and some were simply renamed (for nostalgia reasons). Their original purpose was to balance the 1941 scenario when using NO’s (well, and some added flavor), you’ll notice that the Burma Road now only includes Burma itself - having to only keep one territory in Allied hands to keep this ability works better for the purpose of balance. BTW: these have been played without Fighter/Interceptors (which - when considering the math, do not make SBR’s worthwhile), and keeping the Turkish straits open.

Japan:
    “Kamikaze Attack” Japanese air units may make a combat move without having an eligible landing space. This attack must be declared during the combat move phase that an air unit is making a kamikaze attack. Each such air unit attacks during the opening fire step of combat, and only an eligible enemy sea unit can be chosen as a casualty. Sea units successfully hit by a kamikaze are immediately destroyed with no casualty fire, except battleships, which suffer 1 hit. A kamikaze air unit automatically becomes an opening fire casualty in addition to any other casualties inflicted in the first cycle of combat.

“Banzai Attack” When the Japanese player begins an attack with only infantry, all those infantry attack on a 2 during the battle. This also applies amphibious assaults in which attacking land units consist of only infantry (bombardment is allowed with this advantage). Infantry conducting a Banzai Attack cannot retreat.

“Kaiten Torpedoes” When Japan has a defending submarine in a sea zone that borders a Japanese territory; Japan may designate it as a Kaiten Torpedo. It defends on a 3 (4 if Japan has Super Submarines). The submarine automatically becomes an opening fire casualty in addition to any other casualties inflicted in this cycle. Some may seem unduly powerful in comparison to others (especially in the Axis case of empowering some further with tech.), but this is not the case from my experiences (the Allied advantages are more advantageous in the long-run - if used wisely). And if tech. is not used, no problem.

Italy:
    “Co-Axis Strike” Once during the game at the start of Italy’s turn, the Italian player may declare a joint strike. Italy completes their turn as normal, except they skip the combat move and conduct combat phases (Italian units may move in the noncombat move phase). During Germany’s turn, the German player can move any of Italy’s units during the combat move phase and conduct combat with them, as if they belonged to Germany. Both Axis players must agree on attacking casualties.

“Gustav Line” All German and Italian infantry in Italy have a defence value of 3.

“Mountain Fortresses” All Italian and German units in the Balkans territory are immune to offshore bombardment.

Germany:
    “Panzerblitz” If any attacking German forces destroy all defending units in a territory in one cycle of combat, surviving tanks of the attacking force may move 1 territory during the noncombat move phase. (If using using Tech. then infantry may move with the tanks as well)

“Wolf Packs” If at least three German submarines make a combat move into a single sea zone, they attack on a 3 (4 if Germany has the Super Submarines development). The Super Submarines may come from different sea zones, but they must attack in the same sea zone.

“Atlantic Wall” Germany’s artillery in Germany, France, and Northwestern Europe defend on a 3 vs. amphibious assaults.

United States:
    “Marines” U.S. infantry attack on a 2 in the first cycle of the land combat portion of an amphibious assault.

“Chinese Munitions” If Burma is under Allied control, the U.S may purchase 1 Field Guns unit per turn for the Chinese, which is treated as a Chinese unit. This unit is equal to an artillery unit except that it does not confer an artillery bonus to infantry.

China:
    “Conscription” China is first in the Order of Play, thereafter going in the U.S. turn.

Soviet Union:
    “Trans-Siberian Railway” USSR infantry, antiaircraft guns, and artillery may move 2 territories per turn only among Russia, Novosibirsk, Evenki National Okrug, Yakut S.S.R., and Stanovoj Chrebet S.S.R.

“Russian Winter” Once during the game, during Soviet Union’s collect income turn, the Soviet Union may declare a severe winter. Until the start of the next Soviet turn cycle, Soviet infantry defend on a 3 in original Soviet territories.

“Mobile Industry” Soviet Union’s industrial complexes may move 1 territory during the Soviet noncombat move phase. They cannot move during the combat phase, and must move to a territory with a Soviet marker. If they are captured, the opponent cannot move them. Damage accompanies the I.C.

United Kingdom:
    “Colonial Garrison” The U.K. begins the game with one additional industrial complex in one of it’s territories with a value of at least 1. Normal I.C. rules apply.

“Enigma Decoded” Once per game, when Germany finishes its combat move phase, before its conduct combat phase, the United Kingdom may make one special move. The U.K.’s forces may move any number of units from an adjacent space into any one friendly space being attacked by Germany. Alternatively, the United Kingdom may move any number of units from a space being attacked by Germany into an adjacent friendly space. This special move otherwise follows the rules for a noncombat move. If any units survive, they remain in the space to which they were moved. The friendly space to be moved into or from can be transports.

“Commander-In-Chief” Once during the game, during the United Kingdom’s turn, the UK player may declare a joint strike. The turn is completed as normal; except that the combat move and conduct combat phases are skipped (though any units may move in noncombat). During the U.S.’s turn, the U.S. player can move any U.K. units during the U.S. combat move phase and conduct combat with them, as if they belong to the U.S. Both the U.K. and the U.S. must agree on attacking casualties.

• i love italys advantages

Italy:
    “Co-Axis Strike” Once during the game at the start of Italy’s turn, the Italian player may declare a joint strike. Italy completes their turn as normal, except they skip the combat move and conduct combat phases (Italian units may move in the noncombat move phase). During Germany’s turn, the German player can move any of Italy’s units during the combat move phase and conduct combat with them, as if they belonged to Germany. Both Axis players must agree on attacking casualties.

“Gustav Line” All German and Italian infantry in Italy have a defence value of 3.

“Mountain Fortresses” All Italian and German units in the Balkans territory are immune to offshore bombardment.

• Customizer

Yeah, I like 'em, and they work well/keep it balanced (if played with all the others of course).  The first two are from a previous A&A (modified), but the Mountain Fortresses is my own to my knowledge.  I kept on thinking “Guns of Navarone” though that wasn’t in the Balkans territory (though it was close… technically it wouldn’t fall into any territory on the map, well, the Greek island is fiction but damn, I like the movie).

• these are some of my NAs

germany
    ‘‘blitzkrieg’’  when you win in the first cycle of combat you may move one space forward and attack again

italy

japan
    ‘‘flying bombs’’ when defending in the first round of combat you may sacerfice on infantry per plane to do an attack of ‘‘4’’ during opening fire phase

briton
    “commonwealth” during moblize new units phase you may buy infantry in india, east/west canada, UOSA, australia, new zealand for a cost of 4 ipcs

usa
    “lendless” every turn us may use a transport to farrie ipcs to briton or russia max 5 ipcs per transport move 2

russia
    “russian winter” every 4 turns its winter and nobody cannot attack
    those are my  advantages so far.

• Customizer

Good stuff irock… we have similar tastes.  :-D

• ‘‘blitzkrieg’’  when you win in the first cycle of combat you may move one space forward and attack again
    incase that was confusing all troops can move forward and attack regard less of move, and  if you keep winning in the first round of combat than you can keep attacking, so basicly you could win the game in one turn.

• Customizer

SOunds like a fun time for the German player… not so much for the Russian.

• havint bin able to try it but if someone does tell me if its un fair.
    its russias NAs counter you see.

heres another one
    ''conscription" infantry are 1 ipc cheeper

• I came up with one of my own for Italy.

Folgore Division: All Italian Infantry in Africa defend at a 3.

• italy italy… ahhhh…
    “live to fight again” once per round italyian units may retret when defending

• @Znieh:

I came up with one of my own for Italy.

Folgore Division: All Italian Infantry in Africa defend at a 3.

I think Africa is to big it should just be in Libya

• russia
    “russian winter” every 4 turns its winter and nobody cannot attack

i said that wrong nobody in russias original TT can attack and axis cant move so cant attack and cant retret under my rules but russia can

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m