Bad News, Good News… How about ANY News!

• '10

Sorry I had to post this here but I just can’t take it any longer.  I visit this specific forum every day… expecting… something?

Like everyone else Im sure agrees, this silence is deafening.  We all want this game!  We all will buy it regardless!  PLEASE give us some news!

It is being released this spring and there is no mention of it anywhere (almost) No box art or short description… no “coming soon”?

How about a few features to get the community interested?

WOTC: You have a captive audience here that just wants some updates and clarifications.  PLEASE give us something!!!

Aggghh!  :?

(please excuse frustrated fan, sorry for rant)

• Oh yes. That would be nice FMG…
    but if I recall correctly we didn’t get much in advance of AAP40 directly from WOTC.

So I don’t expect anything until somebody gets some photos of the map from that Smorey’s Spring Gathering.

Now if only WOTC was as skilled and motivated at dealing with their supporters as FMG…

• I would say i’m waiting news for the new AAE40 as much as i am waiting news form those combat units at FMG! :p

• This game will be released in july, thats 6 months, half a year, you just have to be patient.

• '10

@Boyardee:

I would say i’m waiting news for the new AAE40 as much as i am waiting news form those combat units at FMG! :p

I think the record shows that I have shared many details…  even pictures whenever they are available?  :-D

• '10

@Razor:

This game will be released in july, thats 6 months, half a year, you just have to be patient.

Are we even sure about the release date yet?  I just read in the WOTC forum it was May?

(My rant is over, moment of weakness)

• When’s the FMG release date haha?

• May ….  :-o are you kiddin me ?

On Larry’s forum they said juni or july, after the summer holiday, but with all the problems from Pacific it maight be delayed. I guess nobody know, but it sure aint may.

• @Razor:

May ….  :-o are you kiddin me ?

On Larry’s forum they said juni or july, after the summer holiday, but with all the problems from Pacific it maight be delayed. I guess nobody know, but it sure aint may.

May.
    Makes me wonder if somebody on that forum is mistaking the start date / D-Day in game time for the release date in real time.

• '10

my guess the only info that we will receive is from Greg Smorey’s annual Spring Gathering in April.  Other than that, we may have to wait for DJansen’s review.

• This is why FMG should make complete games.

• Larrys site is down, but he gave up some info recently

Finland, Hungary will be axis neutral
    Axis neutrals will give you their units if you step into their territory (if you are the axis obviously)

Norway starts in german hands

Greece will be allied neutral, it will give its units to any allied power that enters it, and fight any axis power

The middle East will have six territories, 12 total IPCs are up for grabs in there
    (I assume, Syria [FR], Palistine [UK], Trans-Jordan [UK], Iraq [Axis Neutral], Saudi Arabia [Neutral]. Oman [Neutral])

Cairo is a victory city

• '10

Thank you!  That is great news!  And thank you Larry!

• There were some other tidbits, but as long as his site is down i cant remember

• Sweet. Free income, free troops?

• @oztea:

Larrys site is down, but he gave up some info recently

Axis neutrals will give you their units if you step into their territory (if you are the axis obviously)

Greece will be allied neutral, it will give its units to any allied power that enters it, and fight any axis power

The middle East will have six territories, 12 total IPCs are up for grabs in there
    (I assume, Syria [FR], Palistine [UK], Trans-Jordan [UK], Iraq [Axis Neutral], Saudi Arabia [Neutral]. Oman [Neutral])

Cairo is a victory city

Thanks Oztea!  Not much activity over on HGD but there’s some choice info!  :-D

• @Razor:

May ….  :-o are you kiddin me ?

Yeah, AA50 was delayed till November or something last year.  Sucked, I had a Axis and Allies game day set up for the release.  Wouldn’t surprise me none, what can we actually do about it?  Boycott the game if it comes out late?

• @oztea:

Larrys site is down, but he gave up some info recently

Cairo is a victory city

YES!!!  Good news indeed, sir!  Would be nice to see the Brits actually fight for Egypt for once, AND YOU’RE NOT STUCK INVADING CANADA FOR THE LAST VC!!!  Italy may actually have a role to play now!

• Cairo will probably be tough to take, if no german presence in the med.

But glad its a VC now.

• Actually, personally I’ve never had a problem with the idea of Ottawa being a VC.
    It’s an absolute pain to capture sure but… realistically what else would have made the US throw in the towel? 
    Cairo?

Not to say Cairo shouldn’t be a VC but c’mon comparing the strategic impact… one you’re losing sleep about oil field IPCs and the Suez but the other… man you might as well start checking Amazon.com for discount English-German dictionaries!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m