• Does anyone know if the games will match together  as soon as europe 1940 will be released, or will we have to wait for some kind of add on?

Is the a release date yet, a least a month or something?

• @Boyardee:

Does anyone know if the games will match together  as soon as europe 1940 will be released, or will we have to wait for some kind of add on?

Is the a release date yet, a least a month or something?

Release date is June 2010 the last I heard.
    And LH has said that the global rules will come with AAE40, you will not require an additional purchase.

• Customizer

But we’ll have to produce our own convoy stickers.

• And we’ll likely need extra German mechanized infantry…

• Customizer

@Gwlachmai:

And we’ll likely need extra German mechanized infantry…

No… I’m sure 3 will be enough - if that’s what the ‘official’ testers say…

• Germany must have 12. These will be very important for them. For land and air all nations should have at least 12 items of each type and 25 infantry. On sea 6 may work, but in some cases like destroyers and subs and transports you need 12

• Germany and Russia will need twice as many pieces as the other countries as US and UK were already supplied in the Pacific game.

• '10

@Brain:

Germany and Russia will need twice as many pieces as the other countries as US and UK were already supplied in the Pacific game.

Good point.  But AAE40 will have to be able to “stand alone” also.

• @Brain:

Germany and Russia will need twice as many pieces as the other countries as US and UK were already supplied in the Pacific game.

Honestly, I’d expect the amount of pieces to reflect what WOTC thinks is the minimum needed to play AAE40 by itself rather than as part of the global game.

What we actually need however…. well, we’ll be looking to FMG to come to the rescue on that score I’m sure!

• They may not be as stupid as you guys think. They should realize that they can save money by releasing the game with ample pieces for all the countries and hiring a new spell checker and double checker of game components. That is all speculation of course and I could be entirely wrong then in august or whenever Europe comes out we are back at the emails complaining.

• Like Vista and widows 7,
    WOTC cant do ywice the same mistake, I’m sure the quality of AAE40 will at best.

• Actually, Germany seems like the most piece demanding country. Do you guys/girls believe Russia will need as much as 12 Mech Inf? I just can’t see Russia with that many Mech :O 6 fig 6 tac will probably be enough for them too

Same for Italy. Unless, of course, if Italy is a strong country, which I doubt

Germany, on the other hand, could easily use 12 tank, 12 mech 12 all planes.

• @fanofbond:

They may not be as stupid as you guys think. They should realize that they can save money by releasing the game with ample pieces for all the countries and hiring a new spell checker and double checker of game components. That is all speculation of course and I could be entirely wrong then in august or whenever Europe comes out we are back at the emails complaining.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!111!!!eleven!!1  This is WOTC we’re talking about, right?  The same guys that made MAGIC cards and wrote D+D 4th edition, remember?  You’d think with AA50 edition SELLING OUT COMPLETELY AND NEEDING A RE-RELEASE they’d be able to afford a competent AA professional GAMER (that has actually played the damn game) that’d get all the details right the first time.  And playtesters, Jesus God Almighty, do they do ANY playtesting on these things???  AAP40 doesn’t look like they did that good a job, there’s glaring mistakes in the errata.  I guarantee that AAE40 has the potential to be HUGE with the Global game setup IF WOTC can get it right the first time.

Just shows that WOTC doesn’t really understand how good the Axis and Allies franchise really is.  A damn shame, actually, they could be moving thousands of these boxes if they advertised it correctly and put the whole trading card/dungeonmaster’s guide sideshow aside.

• Imagine how shocked we’ll all be when AAE40 comes out…. in a Trading Card Game Format…. Axis The Gathering.

• @allboxcars:

Imagine how shocked we’ll all be when AAE40 comes out…. in a Trading Card Game Format…. Axis The Gathering.

I tap two black and three colorless mana and summon BLITZKREIG!!!:  THE UBERFUERHER MARCHT!!!  All your Black colored attacking units get a +3 to attack and a -3 to defense!  Germany attacks Russia with two 3/2 Wehrmacht SS Elite Troops, one 4/5 Tiger Panzergruppen and five 1/1 Volksturn Recruits!!!

Russian player taps 1 red and 3 colorless mana and plays Instant:  STALINGRAD!!!:  NOT A STEP BACK!!!  All your Red colored troops get a +3 to attack and a -5 to defense!  All your troops are sacrificed at the end of turn!  Russia blocks German units with 8 1/1 Workers’ Militia!  All units involved in combat die except for the Tiger Panzergruppen and are sent to the discard pile!  Russian player taps one 1 red and plays Instant:  KATYUSHA ROCKET!!!  Deal 3 damage to unit or player of your choice!  Tiger Panzergruppen has been destroyed!

Yeah.  This would be SO awesome.  Wait.

• @SgtBlitz:

@allboxcars:

Imagine how shocked we’ll all be when AAE40 comes out…. in a Trading Card Game Format…. Axis The Gathering.

I tap two black and three colorless mana and summon BLITZKREIG!!!:  THE UBERFUERHER MARCHT!!!  All your Black colored attacking units get a +3 to attack and a -3 to defense!  Germany attacks Russia with two 3/2 Wehrmacht SS Elite Troops, one 4/5 Tiger Panzergruppen and five 1/1 Volksturn Recruits!!!

Russian player taps 1 red and 3 colorless mana and plays Instant:  STALINGRAD!!!:  NOT A STEP BACK!!!  All your Red colored troops get a +3 to attack and a -5 to defense!  All your troops are sacrificed at the end of turn!  Russia blocks German units with 8 1/1 Workers’ Militia!  All units involved in combat die except for the Tiger Panzergruppen and are sent to the discard pile!  Russian player taps one 1 red and plays Instant:  KATYUSHA ROCKET!!!  Deal 3 damage to unit or player of your choice!  Tiger Panzergruppen has been destroyed!

Yeah.  This would be SO awesome.  Wait.

Dont give them any ideas. Some WOTC card-lover might be dumb enough to try it.

• I’m curious as to whether we’ll se as many J1 attacks in a combined game. Especially if it puts the US in the war immediately with a resource level of 80-100 vs maybe 30-35 (both being estimates).

• Sure the war dec turns will be drastically changed in a global game.  Still wish there was a way Germany could opt out of dec of war on US…

• J1 will be foolish in AA40 Combined
    A G2 attack on russia would co-ordinate with a J2 attack on the US in the Pacific.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m