• After 2 weeks of this game, I can say I thoroughly enjoy it. Its nothing like Everquest. I have a level 20 Aracoix Scout and a 12 Elf Wizard. DasEwokSS has a level 20 Aelfborn Ranger.

Any other SB players out there? Ewok and I are on the War server.

• I’ve just been sittin around waiting for the new SWG release date……

Can you give me the 2 minute drill? I might be interested, but know nothing about it.

I’ll head to the website now, but I find testimonials much more informative. =)

• What is the release date for SWG? Anyone know? Im too lazy to go to the website. :roll:

• Quick 'n dirty Shadowbane…

I love it. Its the perfect balance between an Ultima Online type MMORPG and a pvp MMORPG like Dark Ages of Camelot. Leveling is very easy, and not the main focus of the game (like say, Everquest). The professions are balanced, every class having both a Pvp (Player vs Player) and Pve (Player vs Enviroment) role. You can be a healer, Magic User, Summoner, Thief, Crusader, Scout, and many more.

Character customization is key. Your character (unlike Everquest, UO, or Daoc), is completely unique. You choose a race, traits, a class (Mage Rogue Healer Fighter), then at level 10, you choose a profession (13 different ones), then at 20 and above, you can choose three disciplines (ex Archer, Animator, Gladiator). During the process, you get points every level to add on to skills and stat points.

If your going to play this game, I suggest you have a Geforce 440 or above (60$ Video card, very cheap very nice) videa card. A broadband modem can’t hurt either, but the game is playable without one.

Bottom line, in my opinion its the best MMORPG to date. The pvp combat is fun, varied, and creates an intense political system between guilds. Its a game for a thinker, and not just a glorified chat room like Everquest. I’d highly suggest picking it up.

• I’m not big on PvP, so I’ll probably not spend the money. =/

Not big on the point and move interface either, but everything else you mentioned sounds great!

As for SWG, the release date was originally the 15th of this month, but they have pushed it back, and I’m not sure what the new date is.

In other words, I have no idea.

=)

Thanks for the info!

• I’ve heard some really bad things about SWG. Might want to wait for WoW.

• I’ll be trying both, to be sure, along with City of Heroes.

So many coming out, I wish one of them would get here!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m