Need Communist Chinese Roundel

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

I need a Communist Chinese Roundel for my game.
    Yellow Hammer & Sickle on a red background?
    Thanks!

• Customizer

A simple yellow star on a red background would be accurate, just a s a red star on a white background is accurate for the USSR.

IL would probably use a bowl of noodles…

I made this.

I like this better.

• I like this better:

its just as accurate than some air force roundel that nobody ever considered to designate control over a war planning map that the army used. IN fact Vodka was probably alot closer to the map than any air force roundel that you only find on the fuselage of planes and thats it.

@Imperious:

I like this better:

its just as accurate than some air force roundel that nobody ever considered to designate control over a war planning map that the army used. IN fact Vodka was probably alot closer to the map than any air force roundel that you only find on the fuselage of planes and thats it.

I know you make fun of my search for the correct Roundel for MY game, but that is the neat thing about house rules. We can customize the game for our likes and preferences. Roundels are a small part of the game and I understand that. I am painting all my figures to be semi-historically accurate in color but where they contrast enough so that the powers on the board can be seen easily on the map.

I appreciate all the variations and choose the ones that fit my needs and use them. IL, you might not like my roundel envy but others might and like them, they are free to take what they want as I have downloaded other peoples maps, rules, battle boards, etc and appreciate all the hard work and efforts everyone put into it.

Your maps and rules are wonderful and have used them. I never knock your ideas and efforts, I might of done some things differently, but appreciate YOUR interpretation and hard work that you put into all your projects.

Thanks again.

• I just did that for Flashman, because he feels their is some 'historically accurate roundel to convey territory control" and there is not. There is no correct roundel in terms of accuracy because simply air force roundels were not used on army maps to indicate where a nations control is over parts of the globe. Air force roundels were only used on the wings and fuselage of planes.

So the interpretation of these items can be anything. The only accurate interpretation of a control marker would be the national flag.

It has little to do with all these various interpretations of which air force roundel is better than or more accurate than another one. To reality they are all equal. My post was to demonstrate the ‘mystique’ around such items is an illusion.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m