Timing of moves during combat move…

• Assume japan is at war with ANZAC, but NOT with US.

Is it possible to move a fleet through a SA with an US combat vessel to reach - for example a spot from where you do an amphibious attack on DEI (not a trigger for war with the US) first -

AND then

Make a combat move into a different (the same) SZ (or territory) owned by the US (constituting a DOW).

Basically would you need to make a DOW before you move any units in a combat move?

• Official Q&A

@Richter:

Basically would you need to make a DOW before you move any units in a combat move?

Yes, you would.

• Thanks - sort of –- grumble-mumble — sneak attack plan just went down the drain … ;)

• What,
    Japan can move trough a Us Fleet to attack a Uk/Anzac force, even if he is already at war with them (Meaning it is uk that declared war to japan in a previous turn)?

• Sorry,
    didn’t read all of it carefully and didn’t read japan was declaring war to us later in the same turn.
    again, sry

• @Boyardee:

What,
    Japan can move trough a Us Fleet to attack a Uk/Anzac force, even if he is already at war with them (Meaning it is uk that declared war to japan in a previous turn)?

As far as I understand the rules, as long as Japan is at war with UK-ANZAC due to an unprovoked UK/ANZAC attack on Japan, the U.S. and Japan are still not at war, thus Japan would be able to travel through a SZ containing US naval units. This is because the SZ, at this point, is not hostile.

Would someone correct me if I’m wrong? (I’ve only played AAP40 twice, and in the process of game three).

-Jason

• Official Q&A

Welcome, shaffer22!

Yes, you’re correct.  However, in his example Richter was also making a combat movement against the US, which would make the sea zone hostile.

• Ok, thanks for clearing it up. Wanted to make sure I had it right.

• Basically it boils down to the question - should you have to declare war BEFORE you move any units during Combat movement - which seems to me has been confirmed by our Answer Guy (KH)

• Official Q&A

Yes.

• A declaration of war step in the sequence of play right before combat moves might have been a good idea with the exception being the US Automatic DOW.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m