• On page 9 about China, it does say that China gets an extra 6ipc’s if the Burma Road when controlled by the allies… understand.

However, in the NO on page 21, it says _Gain 6 IPC’s each round if the Burma Road is totaly open, the allies must control India, Yunnan, Burma and Szechwan for this to occure_

So which is it is the question here.

1. Does China get the 6 ipc’s if the Burma Rd is open occupied by the Allies

or

1. IF playing NO’s rules, China gets the 6 extra ipc’s…?

Braveheart.

• NOs apply at all times in Pacific 1940, they are not optional like AA50.

• Hobbes,

It was the way it was written and we were stumbled on the What to do!

Cheers

• krieghund will check me on this…but china receives  6 ipcs ev ery round that the burma road is open

• this seems simple to me. When China collects income, if the Burma road is controlled by the allies, they will get 6 extra IPC’s. Why is this any more confusing than the other NO’s? :? I see no reason why they would START with an extra 6.

• @Llordbone:

this seems simple to me. When China collects income, if the Burma road is controlled by the allies, they will get 6 extra IPC’s. Why is this any more confusing than the other NO’s? :? I see no reason why they would _START _with an extra 6.

In AA50 NOs are optional, you can either play without them or not. On P40 they are OOB rules but someone used to AA50 might get confused because there’s not a specific manual reference that you have to use them.__

• @Hobbes:

@Llordbone:

this seems simple to me. When China collects income, if the Burma road is controlled by the allies, they will get 6 extra IPC’s. Why is this any more confusing than the other NO’s? :? I see no reason why they would _START _with an extra 6.

In AA50 NOs are optional, you can either play without them or not. On P40 they are OOB rules but someone used to AA50 might get confused because there’s not a specific manual reference that you have to use them.

I’m not sure that’s the question.  In fact, I can’t discern the original question from the post.  But the title of the post suggests that the question is whether china STARTS the game with an ADDITIONAL 6 ipc’s, as the game starts with Burma Road Open.  And to that, I believe the answer is Absolutely Not, you do not start with game with bonus cash from objectives, you only start the game with setup cash, listed on the setup board (which is the total value of starting territories, and if that is not the case the setup is incorrect as is the case with Germany in AA50 1942).__

• The original poster query says nothing about starting with additional IPCs, that was the interpretation of another person.

He does however mention:
    @Bravehart:

1. IF playing NO’s rules

He thought that they were still optional like AA50 thus he was confused if he would get the bonus without playing with NOs. I explained that there are no ifs regarding NOs on Pacific. If you are using OOB rules you have to play with them. He seems satisfied with my reply so I guess I answered the original poster’s question.

• @Hobbes:

The original poster query says nothing about starting with additional IPCs, that was the interpretation of another person.

Look at the Subject Line please.  That’s as much a nono as playing without NO’s.  And yes, you answered that they aren’t optional, but you didn’t address the Subject Line question.  They do not start with 6 extra IPCs.

• @kcdzim:

Look at the Subject Line please.  That’s as much a nono as playing without NO’s.  And yes, you answered that they aren’t optional, but you didn’t address the Subject Line question.  They do not start with 6 extra IPCs.

If that was his confusion then I’m guilty as charged of ignoring the subject line and good that you guys noticed and corrected it. Since he was quoting from the exact pages on the manual and the ‘if’ comment mentions some knowledge of AA50 (their only other use besides AAP40), it seemed logical to assume that he already knew that $$$ from NOs is only received during the Collect Income phase. If not, then we just clarified 2 issues for him :)

• they start with what it says they start with on their setup chart

you collect IPCs from NOs along with normal IPC collection

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m