• There are only a number of possible locations for Japan to build ICs on the game. Here are a few considerations about them:

*Korea - There are locations closer to the front lines to build troops. Nearly useless, it seems.
    *Manchuria - Slightly better than Korea but there are yet closer locations.
    *Shangtung/Kiangsu - The choice between both would be Kiangsu since it would allow for a minor IC to be upgraded to a major. Troops build there can quickly access Chinese territories. Also, if the US has a sufficient force at to sink any ships built at J then you can built the boats there
    *Kwangtung - Ground units might take a little more to reach front lines. Naval base is a plus, allowing it to reach Australia and DEI and also reinforce any J fleet on Carolines.
    *FIC - Good location to hit either DEI but production limited to 3, a big handicap.
    *Malaya - Very good location, naval base a major plus. Can be used hit India, DEI or Australia, although out of range of Carolines. If upgraded to major IC then India will almost certainly fall.

Any other considerations?

• most of the time i build small in FIC, and huge in kwantung
    i like malay IC, but it takes so long to take and hold malaya

• Yes, I dont think Malaya is really that viable. By the time you can take and secure Malaya, the Brits should be all but beaten anyways and it becomes unnecessary.

My usual spot at this point is Kiangsu on J1. This immediately lets me start getting more grunts into the front line combat. It’s usefulness fades a bit later on, but I’ve found that once Japan owns India and China is down for the count, the game is pretty much over anyways. Japan will be outproducing the Allies as a whole by that point and it’s likely just a matter of time to take either Pearl or NSW.

• I concur with Uncle Joe, I use Kiangsu J1.  I like to get an influx of some ground units asap.

• New to the forum and love this new pacific game but have a question:

Can the US build an IC in Australia once they are at war with Japan.  It would obviously be a minor industry. I assume they can build it in Queensland to help defend against a Jap amhibous landing from India. Thanks

• No.  You can only build IC’s in the territories you control.

• Hmm, the comments on Malaya are interesting because I had the opposite experience last night playing as J.

I attacked on J2. I built 1 IC on Kiangsu on J2, and built 1 IC on Malaya on J4, upgrading it to a major IC on J5. On J6 i built enough inf, art and trn there to conquer india on J7.

I had to divide my builds between ground and naval units because the US destroyed a big Jap fleet on US2 off Queensland, although they took big losses as well. Since I didn’t had enough inf to finish the Chinese or deal with the UK, I concentrated in starving the UK down to 4 IPCs and taking out India instead of losing too much time dealing with the Chinese.

It really felt that I didn’t had any better option: I had to send (and lose) 2 transports with INF to fortify the Carolines and take Guam (to prevent US bombers from striking out at transports on the Asian coastline). Overall I was a little short on infantry but the moment I built the IC the UK was as good as dead.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m