Hate the cardboard factory/airfield/naval base counters? ANSWER INSIDE!

• Since I like to paint my A&A set, I decided that the cardboard naval base and airbase counters had to go. -  Fortunately I have enough extra factories from earier sets to modify some into new “Minor” complexes, and the AA gun model hasn’t changed since forever…

Anyway - found this place for some upgrades!  And figured some of you might be interested :)

http://www.litkoaero.com/page/LAI/JIMSLAB
    Note: you have to scroll down the page a little bit

Not only could you use the specific Naval Base counter, you could just use the black anchors they sell too.

• Excellent find!!  8-)

Although I wonder if 19mm is too wide.
    I don’t have the counters in front of me but it’s probably twice their width.

• PRETTY COOL INDEED!!!

• Nice options- thanks +1 :-)

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Yah, great find. I emailed asking if they could do other colors on these. I will let you know what they say.

• Well shoot - if they can do alternate colors…

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I already ordered!   :x

^ Figured I’d better get the order in before you guys came along and bought them out :P

Despite the possibility of missing out on cooler colored markers, If I can figure out how to give you a +1 for giving that extra effort I’l do that…
    Nope I have no clue how to give you karma.

• @GDFTigerTank:

Nope I have no clue how to give you karma.

It’s only an option after you’ve made 100 posts.

• Litko is indeed a great place for laser-cut “flat” pieces.  They have provided bases and markers to the miniatures wargame hobby for several years.  They can do almost any text or shape you want on a number of different materials.  They could do small A&A-sized “anchor” markers or whatever, I am sure.  Jim makes good stuff and usually answers e-mails quickly.

• awesome, but worried 19mm is a little too big for a country the size of Malaya.

• Q:  How big is 19mms?

A:  Take 2 Industrial Complexes from any ealier edition of A&A.  Put them next to each other to make a square.  Voila! - not exact but very close.

Q:  Is that too big?

A:  Well it’s totally your call, but imho….for an OLD style board, definitely!  Especially something as small as A&A 1942.  But I think because this new board for A&A 40 PAC is so much bigger that it’s ok, and remember these markers are flat so you could stack them under an AA Gun or an Industrial Complex (or both) to save space and still see the color of the edge to know what they are!

Just my 2 cents on the size issue.

• If you’ve got a handful of factories from the previous games you could always glue a pair together for the major industrial complex and then use a single factory for the minor industrial complex.

It’s what I’m planning, get some paper IPCs that way too.

As for the Airfield/Naval base, I might build some out of various plastic pieces I’ve got laying around.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Variable:

Yah, great find. I emailed asking if they could do other colors on these. I will let you know what they say.

And here’s the answer already. Sounds worth it to me…

“Yep, other colors is no problem, you can order them as custom items. Custom versions of the Airfield are $8.39, and the Naval Base customs would be $6.99 per set. Just let me know what colors you need, and I’ll set you up with the links to order them online.”

Here’s the question:

I was thinking of going solid black with the etching in white. Basically the reverse of the cardboard. It would better match the other white pieces of the game. What does everyone else think?

• Yes these are nice.

You know they can make any lazer cut object. They just need the picture and your imagination.

• NICE!  I emailed them and asked if they could make them 10mm or 12mm in length which is about the size of the paper ones in AAP40.  I’ll post their answer when I receive it.  :-D

• @Variable:

Here’s the question:

I was thinking of going solid black with the etching in white. Basically the reverse of the cardboard. It would better match the other white pieces of the game. What does everyone else think?

Well if you had the various markers different colours then you could stack them if you needed to conserve space but still recognize them at a glance at their outer edge.

I was thinking about just using small poker chips before this link came up.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Man I can’t wait to hear the verdict.

If they are willing to sell custom made pieces at the right size, LOL Half the site will order them.  Would be nice to ditch the cardboard.

• I’ll mail them and order convoy tokens that I can glue to the map, since the ones printed on the map are hard to see.

• Well folks, glad they’re such a hit.

Now that we know they can do custom colors maybe I’ll order some custom ones too so that axis and allied bases use separate tokens.

• '10

im going to have to wait to see what FMG has to offer and see when they become available

• @johnnymarr:

im going to have to wait to see what FMG has to offer and see when they become available

Agreed- looks like FMG has got some competition- that’s good for the customer!!!

I only wish WOTC would care.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m