• Hello. I´m sorry if this has been covered before, but I have three questions after playing my very first game of BOTB (lost big time as Allies on round 5).
    Q:1 - During movement, can you have a truck pick up supplies, drop them off someplace, and then use those supplies during the same movement phase to move units?

Q:2 - When blitzing from one hex, can tanks blitz to different hexes? If so, is the cost still only one extra token?

Q:3 - Can tanks and artillery attack across rivers? I know they can’t move across, but what about simply attacking?
    Thanks in advance,

/ blitz

EDIT: one more question. Can a truck from, say, the allied western front chart, pick up units from the others fronts charts? Say, picking up INF from its the western chart, going on the borad, going off-board on the northern front, pick up some ART and finally dropping the whole lot of at Bastogne?

• @blitzgordon:

Q:1 - During movement, can you have a truck pick up supplies, drop them off someplace, and then use those supplies during the same movement phase to move units?

No. Supplies must be on board before the movement phase with one exception. Supplies you receive that are still offboard may be used for a blitz move with a newly reinforcing (still offboard) tank.

Q:2 - When blitzing from one hex, can tanks blitz to different hexes? If so, is the cost still only one extra token?

Yes. If you spend an extra token all tanks in a hex may blitz and are not required to have the same destination.

Q:3 - Can tanks and artillery attack across rivers? I know they can’t move across, but what about simply attacking?
    Thanks in advance,

Shooting across rivers is permitted for all combat units. See page 19 of the rulebook under Rivers, “While they block movement they have no effect on payment of Supply tokens or attacks.”

EDIT: one more question. Can a truck from, say, the allied western front chart, pick up units from the others fronts charts? Say, picking up INF from its the western chart, going on the borad, going off-board on the northern front, pick up some ART and finally dropping the whole lot of at Bastogne?

No. A ‘new’ truck may only transport new units from its chart or on board units that have spent a supply to be picked up. Trucks in your motor pool may be used to move units from any chart.

A useful FAQ sheet may be found here.

• Frimmel, you are a dear. Thank you very much for these clarifications! This game seems to be very interesting. Even though my allied line got completely overrun and kaput, I definately see the possibility for an allied win in the future.

• @blitzgordon:

Frimmel, you are a dear. Thank you very much for these clarifications! This game seems to be very interesting. Even though my allied line got completely overrun and kaput, I definately see the possibility for an allied win in the future.

The Allies are much harder to play in BOTB but victory is possible.

• Official Q&A

@frimmel:

No. A ‘new’ truck may only transport new units from its chart or on board units that have spent a supply to be picked up.

Any offboard Truck can transport units from any reinforcement chart, whether it’s new or not.

• @Krieghund:

@frimmel:

No. A ‘new’ truck may only transport new units from its chart or on board units that have spent a supply to be picked up.

Any offboard Truck can transport units from any reinforcement chart, whether it’s new or not.

Oops. Sorry about that. It’s right there on page 11 under trucks.  :oops:

• Oh, ok, so it’s actually ok to “pick and choose” what your off-board trucks will load and where it will unload as long as the hex can legally be reached from any of thhe three allied fronts?

• @blitzgordon:

Oh, ok, so it’s actually ok to “pick and choose” what your off-board trucks will load and where it will unload as long as the hex can legally be reached from any of thhe three allied fronts?

Yes.  :oops: I was incorrect  :cry: in my previous answer.  :oops: Just check under trucks in the rulebook, page 11, and you’ll see.

All this right after Krieghund gave me a recommendation for being reliable. :lol:

I’m of the opinion that Krieghund’s answers supercede all others with regards OOB rules for all games with possible exceptions for Larry Harris.

• Official Q&A

@frimmel:

All this right after Krieghund gave me a recommendation for being reliable. :lol:

Well, you are, 99% of the time!  :wink:

• Not that the allies need more thing working against them in this game, but we still play that if Germany surrounds and cuts off the northern cities, you can’t reinforce them with units from the other charts, only from the northern. Sort of makes sense, lest the trucks goes a long way outside the battlefield.

• @blitzgordon:

Not that the allies need more thing working against them in this game, but we still play that if Germany surrounds and cuts off the northern cities, you can’t reinforce them with units from the other charts, only from the northern. Sort of makes sense, lest the trucks goes a long way outside the battlefield.

That would be a house rule then. At least according to how I read the rules.

If you use a truck you can put artillery and infantry from the southern chart on the board in a Northern hex and so forth. You can not put a southern unit on a northern hex without using a truck.

See the FAQ.

I have always played that Tanks must enter via a hex on the side of the board corresponding to the chart they were on. It occurs to me that may be incorrect.  :|

• Official Q&A

@frimmel:

I have always played that Tanks must enter via a hex on the side of the board corresponding to the chart they were on. It occurs to me that may be incorrect.  :|

No, you’ve been doing it right.  Only Trucks may enter the board from any side, regardless of their Reinforcement Chart of origin.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m