• An offical turn sequence for the global game has been realeased by larry. What do you think?

1. Germany
    2. Soviet Union
    3. Japan
    4. United Kingdom
    5. ANZAC
    6. Italy
    7. United States
    8. China
    and 9. France.

http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2101&start=16

• P.S. looks like canada will have to be a house rule power

• Click on the link its the global game sequence. come on larry posted it

• LOL France goes last.  Of course it does.

Well, Italy and Germany can double team that front, at the very least.  Looks like the Italian can opener for Russia in AA50-1941 will survive for this version.  There’s something.

• What im looking at is that UK and ANZAC can block Japan early on in the pacific.

• @molinar13:

An offical turn sequence for the global game has been realeased by larry. What do you think?

1. Germany
    2. Soviet Union
    3. Japan
    4. United Kingdom
    5. ANZAC
    6. Italy
    7. United States
    8. China
    and 9. France.

http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2101&start=16

I’m saying since France will be hors de combat playing Roulette at Rick’s by the time their turn comes around, I’ll save that 9th spot for Canada. :wink:

• Might as well. I expect Germany to start out like Japan, a beast. If France survives round 1 they should evacuate to Britain. Unless they want to be wiped out.

• @molinar13:

Might as well. I expect Germany to start out like Japan, am beast.

Definitely.
    The old formula of massed firepower at start-up to make up for diminished IPCs… sort of the anti-US position.

• lets not forget French forces in Africa. You think Italy will wipe them out on round 1?

• Man, what would be the French Forces in Africa represent?  Like 1-2 infantry?  Couldn’t have been that many, compared to the Maginot Line.

• True but they did have a crap load of territory down their.

• The Europe order is probably like AAP40 with US going second:

Germany
    US
    Italy
    USSR
    UK
    France

• @questioneer:

The Europe order is probably like AAP40 with US going second:

That seems mildly demented.
    But anything’s possible.

• Man, I don’t even want to know how screwed up AAE40 turn order is going to be.  US going first after Germany just doesn’t fit in with the other incarnations where US always has the last word on the board each turn.  Could really screw up any Sealion attempts as well, plus it doesn’t fit in with the neutrality rules, really, where the response for war would be reactive instead of pro-active.

Germany and Italy should either have a Russian or British turn between them on the Europe map or the game will get unbalanced with Axis can openers/re-inforcements/plane landing sites vs. the various fronts in Egypt, Russia, or France.  Judging by history, I don’t think German and Italian troops worked together that effectively in RL, shouldn’t be in game that way either.

• Im glad that russia doesnt move first

• So that is awesome that we now know what the order is, I don’t really see a problem with the can opener, I bet there will be NO’s for Italy to want to take Africa and the Middle East from Britain and France. Remember Mussolini always wanted a Roman empire to rival that of the ancients. And I bet a VC just might be in the Middle East, or if not, then Stalingrad. Something tells me that Italy will really want to move into Africa.

• So the turn order is the same as Anneversery, except the puppets are added in……

why does france go after germany…france wont exist

• @maverick_76:

So that is awesome that we now know what the order is, I don’t really see a problem with the can opener, I bet there will be NO’s for Italy to want to take Africa and the Middle East from Britain and France. Remember Mussolini always wanted a Roman empire to rival that of the ancients. And I bet a VC just might be in the Middle East, or if not, then Stalingrad. Something tells me that Italy will really want to move into Africa.

Man, it only takes a few planes and/or 1 tank, or now mech inf, in range to threaten a can opener.  Once you can threaten it then your opponent must make terrible trades in deadzones because of that threat.  It ruins '41 in aa50!  Just try playing aa50 '41 with a gentleman’s agreement that Italy is not allowed to can opener and see how much better it would play out on the G/R border.

• @maverick_76:

….I bet there will be NO’s for Italy to want to take Africa and the Middle East from Britain and France… Something tells me that Italy will really want to move into Africa.

hmmm…. Neutral Saudi oil anyone?

• Resources would definitely be a good addition to this game, but it might make it too complex for the average A&A fan.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m