• I personally hope that planes will be able to scramble out of Gibraltar, as although it dose not fit the definition of an island, the air installations there would have been just as concentrated as ones on islands. This would also allow Britain to control access to the Med. through a combined air and naval power, much as it actually did. In addition it would boost the significance of Gibraltar and make it an actual threat to the axis.

• I agree, as should Germany be able to somehow in the baltic.

I’m curious to see how much of a PITA malta is to Italy with an airbase upon it, probably 2 or 3 INF, and like 4 fighters.  That will be a tough nut to crack.

• @Vareel:

I agree, as should Germany be able to somehow in the baltic.

I’m curious to see how much of a PITA malta is to Italy with an airbase upon it, probably 2 or 3 INF, and like 4 fighters.  That will be a tough nut to crack.

As it should be.

• It should have about 4 inf, 2 fighters, AB and an AA gun ( :evil: :evil: No cheep planes to bomb the hell out of it)

• In the war they only ran 20 or 30 planes out of Malta, so I think 1 fig and 1 tac would be fine for that, with 2 INF for support. With France to deal with, and probably 1 transport, it won’t be viable to take out I1. That way, UK can land planes from Egypt and other places if they so choose.

• That sounds about right.  But i think 2 inf. would suffice along with 1 fighter and 1 tac. bomber.

• @i:

i dont think they had tac on malta

In the game, you can do what you want.

• Historically they tried to have around 80 airplanes in Malta.  Initially these were the outdated Glostor Gladiator biplanes (and at the start of the war they only had 5!) But they kept shipping airplanes to Malta via Aircraft Carrier until they had around 80. These include Spitfire Vs, Hurricane IIs as well as some single engined ground attack planes as well as some Bristol Beaufighters and even a squadron of De Havilland Mosquitoes in late 1942.

• @mike:

Historically they tried to have around 80 airplanes in Malta.  Initially these were the outdated Glostor Gladiator biplanes (and at the start of the war they only had 5!) But they kept shipping airplanes to Malta via Aircraft Carrier until they had around 80. These include Spitfire Vs, Hurricane IIs as well as some single engined ground attack planes as well as some Bristol Beaufighters and even a squadron of De Havilland Mosquitoes in late 1942.

Malta was a good place for an airbase

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m