• Okay, we’ve seen Pac 40 game with its five boxes: JP, US, UK, ANZAC, China (with chips!). And, of course, we all know that Eur 40 has six powers: GE, USSR, UK, US, Italy and France.

Assuming that Eur 40 game keeps to the same dimensions (and it kind of has to, in order to hold the board, which MUST have the same dimensions as Pac 40 because it is meant to ‘hook up’ to it), either [1] there’ll be smaller boxes (can’t see it, really), or [2] one partitioned box (e.g. for Italy // France), or [3] 5 boxes for 6 powers (where the player is asked to store either the US or UK’s units in the Pac 40 boxes)!

Which of these options do you think is most likely?

• You forgot option 4: Alternate packing method.

By this I mean, how the box is packed. Once you have everything in the box you still have space over the board. This being the case, you could place six boxes on edge with a space-eater (cardboard strip or box) at the end. Then you place the flat bits on top of all that or inside the space-eater. It’ll fit.

This, however, makes keeping your units sorted in the boxes really annoying.

• I can see a UK/France Box that will be kept separate from the UK Pacific box

• or a US/France box that you keep seperate for pacific

Just dont lump them in with italy, that’d be stupid

• lol after that huge hooplaa over canada

• I’m happy. I drew the attention we deserved :P

• @cts17:

I’m happy. I drew the attention we deserved :P

You didn’t get WOTC’s attention.

Next time try using bananas.

(Rank = 60)

• dude they make like 6 IPC in the game heck one of there territories doesnt generate ANY income

• EGG: I tried your option #4. There’s not room enough in the game box, as far as I can see… so it’s gotta be a split-box solution, or 6 (smaller than AAPac40) unit boxes!

• In that case I want 6 boxes, and I dont care if they are smaller, I just buy one more copy from Pacific game and use the larger boxes, just cut off the set-up chart and glue it on the new box. There are a fix to everything, man.

• This is a puzzler.
    I’d think keeping each power (can you call the French a power?) in a Pacific sized box is pretty much the way they’ll go and anything else would be an additional cost.

And I can’t see Italy and France sharing a box since the players are opponents.

Hmmm…. they’ll have to give you a “second” UK box and a US box since this a stand alone product, it isn’t just an expansion of AAP40. Otherwise they could pack those sculpts together and tell you to split them up into the previously purchased Pacific boxes.

OK so I’m going with packing is different with something to prevent the map from sliding back and forth.

“I think we need a bigger box.”

• I now suspect that the player that controls France (the UK, I believe) will have to share their box & setup chart… maybe WOTC will have to splash out for dividers after all!  :-D

• @Make_It_Round:

I now suspect that the player that controls France (the UK, I believe) will have to share their box & setup chart… maybe WOTC will have to splash out for dividers after all!  :-D

WOTC will not even splash out to spell check their product before they release it.

• @Brain:

WOTC will not even splash out to spell check their product before they release it.

Hmmm and do you see that kausing problens for Vitchy Phrance?

• @allboxcars:

Hey you spelled that wrong it should have looked like this:

Hmmm an dew ewe sea that kawzeeng problumz four Veeshee Phrantz?

• @Brain:

@allboxcars:

Hey you spelled that wrong it should have looked like this:

Hmmm an dew ewe sea that kawzeeng problumz four Veeshee Phrantz?

Are you sure you don’t work for WOTC Quality Control?
    Your banana’s in the mail

• Try better:

“Gaybrainstalk”, a new feature for new AA40 Global includes our fabled ACME wall now also in that rock at south of Splain. And now Gaybrainstalk is a 60 % greater than preivous games, so Splain’s capital is now a Brightish cholony. Attack individual pieces of Splain from Gaybrainstalk and laugh at Splainish so they cannot pass that ACME wall. Create ACME walls while you conquer powerless pieces of Splain and Poortwogals without chance of retaliate

And now includes 60% less of tacticaly bomberless and costs 60% more or your IPCs (the so called dollars or heuros). With added TripleA shotdowns and a 60% more of speeelin-go errores

To beer released early Smarch, 20011

:lol:

• Gibraltar spelling  :-D

• @Make_It_Round:

EGG: I tried your option #4. There’s not room enough in the game box, as far as I can see… so it’s gotta be a split-box solution, or 6 (smaller than AAPac40) unit boxes!

I tried it and it fit… I must have been rushed and didn’t check the smoothness of the bottoms meeting.

Well, this definitely provides a pickle then. Basically some nations will be in the same box or the boxes will have to be smaller.

The first option is annoying because there’s no dividers in the dashed boxes and mixed armies are going to be even more annoying than trying to tell fighters apart from TacBombs.

The second (smaller boxes) is going to be a nightmare as I image Germany to have a massive amount of set-up. That means smaller writing or something similar.

Damn your eyes you chimps! Stick to typewriters and stay out of shipping!  :wink:

• @i:

@EvilGardenGnome:

The second (smaller boxes) is going to be a nightmare as I image Germany to have a massive amount of set-up.
    That means smaller writing or something similar.

omfg your right thats the only way germany could win! :wink:

Maybe the game box will be larger.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m