Can a newly captured Naval Base be used to repair a friendly ship?

• I’m assuming the answer to this question is yes (since it only makes sense), but a friend of mine asked me about it, and even after reading the manual (again) I couldn’t get a 100% concrete answer.

For example: The UK has a damaged BB sitting in the Philippines SZ (Philippines is currently under Japanese control). On his turn, the U.S. player captures the Philippines in an amphibious assault, taking control of the Shipyard/Airbase there.

On the following UK turn, is the BB back to full health, or does the Shipyard/Airbase have to be in U.S. possession for a full round before it can repair damage?

Thanks in advance.

• '10

the battleship will be repaired if the United States is in control of the Philippines during the purchase units/repair damages units phase of the United States turn

• This is really simple, if your ship starts out in a sea zone adjacent to a friendly naval base and is damaged during your repair phase, right before the purchase phase, then it becomes repaired.  So yes it would get repaired.

• Official Q&A

@Vareel:

This is really simple, if your ship starts out in a sea zone adjacent to a friendly naval base and is damaged during your repair phase, right before the purchase phase, then it becomes repaired.  So yes it would get repaired.

Yup, it’s that simple.

• The question to ask though is : Do your ships get the +1 movement bonus the turn it captures the naval base? Say you have a fleet around PHI to disrupt the convoy. On your next turn, you move in some Transports to take PHI. The naval base is yours. Do your surface ships get the additional movement? Me and my friends decided no, but we would be happy to have the official rule on this

Robert

• Do you have to pay ipc’s to have your ships repaired? I know you have to pay ipcs to repair complexes in some of the versions. After a while they all seem to run together. I’ll have the pacific 1940 version in a few more day (yippie!), along with a copy of the Battlefield Bands greatest hits which will drive my mother in law nuts when she comes to visit. Heh heh……

• No ipc need to be paid to repair your ship. Your ships have to be on a naval base at the repair phase and they will be repaired

• @Omega:

The question to ask though is : Do your ships get the +1 movement bonus the turn it captures the naval base? Say you have a fleet around PHI to disrupt the convoy. On your next turn, you move in some Transports to take PHI. The naval base is yours. Do your surface ships get the additional movement? Me and my friends decided no, but we would be happy to have the official rule on this

Robert

Pag. 18 of the manual, paragraf 4:
    “If you capture an airbase or naval base you cannot use the added flight or sea movement or receive repairs until your next turn”.

• Thank you, I haven’t read the rule book -.-

• @Omega:

Thank you, I haven’t read the rule book -.-

You must read the rulebook. Or are you just making up some rules as play goes along ?

• @Omega:

<……> but we would be happy to have the official rule on this

@Omega:

Thank you, I haven’t read the rule book -.-

:?

• @Krieghund:

@Vareel:

This is really simple, if your ship starts out in a sea zone adjacent to a friendly naval base and is damaged during your repair phase, right before the purchase phase, then it becomes repaired.  So yes it would get repaired.

Yup, it’s that simple.

Excellent. Thanks, guys.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m